*Your real name – Trevor Dericks

*Your email address - psytpd@yahoo.com

*Your website – myspace.com/psynigma

*http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=649484

*Your userid (number, not name) on our forums – 17646

ReMix Info

*Name of game(s) ReMixed – Legend of Legaia

*Name of individual song(s) ReMixed – ending / ending theme

*Additional information about game if it has not yet been added to the site, including composer, system, etc. - there is no remixes currently for this game and i hope to be the first to achieve this goal. It startles me to think that such a great RPG that had good music never was noticed. The game is in your site though and console was PS1.

*Link to the original soundtrack if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site

ending.mid for the game included

*Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

I have fallen in love with the music to Legend of Legaia. What inspired me to do this piece was the emotions that this game creates. throughout your journey you originally start as a villager who has never seen the world behind his hometown walls. And then he sets off to save his town. when in the end his town is destroyed and so many other things have change, including the break down of the town walls. I wanted to express this ending with a melodic acoustic guitar solo. That expresses the comfort of his journey's end, and yet still shows the pain and aggression from what he is left with even though he has made the world safe from the plague.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

http://tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/LoL_psf.rar - 068 "Ending"

Interesting opening that, offhand, sounds nothing like the source tune. That's actually on account of Trevor just arranging just the backing structure, which is a cool concept. Honestly though, it all sounds fairly monotone and completely directionless to me upon execution.

After a while, you realize the style will never change, and it ends up wearing thin. Click any part of the track and see how it sounds compared to any other part. Ends as abruptly as it started at 2:40. No depth, dynamics, development, or direction to the arrangement whatsoever. As far as things that start with "D" go, this thing also needs a defibrillator.

Gotta be honest, the intro had me intrigued, but the realization that nothing happens in this piece made me feel as if I wasted my time.

NO

• 2 months later...

Gotta agree with Larry. Creative idea for an intro but you absolutely have to have more than that. Going minimal is OK if you're an ace sequencer or you can get a live performer to do a solo/dual guitar deal a la Tekcoh Top (for example) but there's no way that's going to work with a really fake guitar sound and sparse writing. Where's the rest of the song?

NO

sounds like slayer. score.

beginning riff is very pretty. song lacks resolution. can't let stuff like this slide by, bro. you've got to put the work into it. you can't just plug in the notes into your piano roll and expect them to form or carry a song. in this case, this sounds like an abandoned intro. way too mechanical. you're already fighting an uphill battle by using a guitar synth that is not too highly looked upon by anyone seeking realism. you've gotta compensate for that in other ways. what other ways? it's not my job to tell you that. you gotta learn and feel them out yourself. that's what being an artist is all about.

keep at it. try to go the extra mile. then, step back, and try to go another extra mile. don't be too eager to show off a piano roll pattern.

NO