*NO* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Stemmata'

Liontamer

Skip that non sequitur (read: "pointless") intro...and outro; approach is at least different than anything we usually get - LT

ReMixer: Evahn

game: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

song: Deku Tree theme

ReMix: Stemmata

The quality isn't spectacular, but I did a lot with what I have to work with (which isn't much), and it certainly could be worse. The sound effects at the beginning and end were created entirely by myself.

Hmmm... interesting. You know, I like the dry sound of your guitar strumming; it's very committed and catchy. The intro/outro effects are pretty out of the ordinary, but I don't dislike them. Unfortunately, there isn't really much here to actually judge yet. The arrangement is bare, and stays too close to the source. You've got the basic chords outlined, so why don't you try filling it up with some added instruments? I could see this going somewhere really cool with a few more traditional rock elements... drumwork... maybe even some vocals, if you're any good (or know someone good). ^_~ Let's hear some more!

NO RESUBMIT

http://www.zophar.net/usf/lozusf.rar - 03 "Deku Tree"

At least the intro is an arrangement of "Deku Tree", but it sounds pointless alongside the rest of the track. Pretty loud switch to the theme arranged on geetar at :30. Good energy, but pretty basic altered rhythm to the source tune and that's about it on the interpretation front, i.e. not particularly interesting after a few seconds.

Style changes up a bit at 1:17 & 1:42 (then back to :30's style at 2:06), but the track is barren, and the arrangement is still uninterpretive where it counts.

Decent performance, but there's nothing substantive to the arrangement as far as the standards here. Go beyond the basics next time, bro.

NO

I'm not sure if this is a conceptually unique approach, or if it is just the fact that you "didn't have much to work with" as you said. Either way, this definitely sounds rather WIPish for OCR.

We hope we don't come across as snobby music elitists, but I'm quite certain we'd never live it down if we passed this song in the form it's in right now.

Definitely gonna reiterate the suggestion that you put more backing behind your work thus far. It's actually pretty fun to listen to, but simply lacks the luster and shine we're looking for in a completed track, both in terms of production and also rearrangement/reinterpretation of the source theme. You've sort of done that, in that you're playing a dark, melancholy strings melody on an electric guitar, but beyond the rhythmic strumming, there's not much deviation from the original theme. Better luck down the road, Evahn.

NO