Wurlitzer !

OK so today I got a whirlie. It's a Wurlitzer Model 140A. 64 keys of suitcase win. Except... I know pretty much little to nothing about it. All the keys work, but there are a few that are kinda sticky (to be expected, considering it's over 45 years old). I've been scouring the web looking for resources for maintenance and fixing it up, restoring it, etc, and coming up with pretty much nothing useful, mostly just people charging to fix them up. So I'm wondering if any of y'all know anything about wurlitzer electric pianos, and how to go about remedying the stickyness.

Also, pics coming soon.

post pictures and recordings. i love vintage keyboards.

as for advice, maybe you should give some of those repair guys a call -- see if you can extract some information from them, maybe they'll give you some ideas on how to remedy the wonky action or tell you where you can go for more information. or maybe you can just find a good repair man who won't charge you too much.

OK I opened it up and took a look at it, did some research etc. Turns out the action of the Wurlitzer EPs is pretty much exactly the same as an acoustic piano, except that rather than striking a string, the hammer hits a reed instead.

So... do any of you guys have any experience with fixing up or regulating pianos?