Who's who (facebook)

Cerrax

Just as an FYI, this is a limitation of vB and, as I understand it, would grant the compo admins a lot of additional privileges they don't need and probably shouldn't have, otherwise I would've already done it.

ah ok I wasn't sure if it was possible to do that without giving extra privileges

well I must say thanks for responding to my request so timely!

Just as an FYI, this is a limitation of vB and, as I understand it, would grant the compo admins a lot of additional privileges they don't need and probably shouldn't have, otherwise I would've already done it.

You can write a vB hack to only allow privileges to certain threads. Simply by adding a table called "Compos" with "AdminID", "CoAdminID", and "ThreadID". And when the script checks, it grants topic edit privs to AdminID and CoAdminID to ThreadID alone... Wouldn't be too hard... Instead of granting the general forum priv to the admins.

You can write a vB hack to only allow privileges to certain threads. Simply by adding a table called "Compos" with "AdminID", "CoAdminID", and "ThreadID". And when the script checks, it grants topic edit privs to AdminID and CoAdminID to ThreadID alone... Wouldn't be too hard... Instead of granting the general forum priv to the admins.

Then an update comes along and breaks it... also, frankly, I'm a little bit tired of people saying something "wouldn't be too hard" when I'm the one they're saying should do it... if it's not too hard, find me an existing vB plugin that does the same thing, or write one yourself. All too often people are telling me things are easy, but never doing the work involved. It's like a double insult:

1. if you do that, it won't be impressive, because it's easy, and
  2. even though it's easy, I have absolutely no intention of helping you

At least that's the trend I see :|

Then an update comes along and breaks it... also, frankly, I'm a little bit tired of people saying something "wouldn't be too hard" when I'm the one they're saying should do it... if it's not too hard, find me an existing vB plugin that does the same thing, or write one yourself. All too often people are telling me things are easy, but never doing the work involved. It's like a double insult:

Oh well I'm sorry if I sounded like that when I made that request. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know crap about anything and I consider pretty much ANYTHING hard since, well, I don't have a clue about it. I WISH I KNEW CRAP AND COULD HELP!

Then I'll get to work

EDIT: I see vBulletin is commercial software... Which kills any chance of me getting a copy to write it. djp, I'm sorry if I made it seem like either or both of those insults. If you don't have the time, or don't want to because of updates killing it, then it's fine. If I get my hands on a copy of vBulletin, I'll work on a hack to do it.

Guys, nobody add Suzu until he gets a haircut. I rejected Ty for that reason and everyone else should too.

Too late