*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Weapon Raid'

Liontamer

Hi,

I've just finished mixing and mastering a remix. Here's some information about me and the remix:

About Me

--

ReMixer Name: blueEbola

Email: blue.ebola@gmail.com

Userid: 20096

About the Song

--

Game: Final Fantasy 7

Title: Weapon Raid

My Comments:

I've been playing a bit of FF7 lately, and I got to the scene where Sapphire Weapon attacks Junon.. the music that plays is just plain brilliant! Inspired, I learnt the main melody on my guitar. It actually sounded decent on the guitar (even though it was meant for a trumpet, I believe) so I vowed to redo this song in a metal fashion. Originally I wanted to make a 100% accurate cover song (the song is that brilliant!) but alas, some of the melodies and rhythms didn't "transfer" so well over to the guitar. So to compensate, for these parts I did my own thing. The song still has the same structure as the original but with a downright heavy twist to it =D. Hope you enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Guitar is great once it gets going. The drums are absolutely horrendous though. They're so basic rock-kit. Especially when the snare hits start getting abundant. You can really tell it's just the same sample smacking over and over with no alteration in strength or pitch. The kick, toms and cymbals are all basic and buried in the back of the mix as well.

As good as the guitar is in this. The mix just feels unfinished. It just ends at 2:46 and I'm like "... and?" At least shape a proper finish if you can't be bothered working on another section.

As for the arrangement. It's pretty much a direct cover bar one unique lead towards the beginning of the mix. I'd recommend going your own way with further rearrangement if you decide to pursue this further.

NO

http://tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FF7_psf.rar - 402 "Weapon Raid"

Guitar is great once it gets going. The drums are absolutely horrendous though. They're so basic rock-kit. Especially when the snare hits start getting abundant. You can really tell it's just the same sample smacking over and over with no alteration in strength or pitch. The kick, toms and cymbals are all basic and buried in the back of the mix as well.

As good as the guitar is in this. The mix just feels unfinished. It just ends at 2:46 and I'm like "... and?" At least shape a proper finish if you can't be bothered working on another section.

As for the arrangement. It's pretty much a direct cover bar one unique lead towards the beginning of the mix. I'd recommend going your own way with further rearrangement if you decide to pursue this further.

I don't crib other people's votes often, but I do when they're spot on. Strings are BURIED in the back. They might as well not even be there. The drums needs to be refined like TO said, though they're ok in their role overall. The mixing is too loud and completely imbalanced. There's no ending.

This wasn't a bad track at all, but for the standards of this site, it's just another case of an uncreative mix title denoting an uncreative arrangement. You need to interpret the theme, not merely cover it. Come back with something more interpretive and personalized next time.

NO

• 1 month later...