pop artists

Synth

Most pop artists are primarily a voice, everything else (image, songwriting, publicity, composition, etc) is done by individuals who specialize in each of those fields (so the singer can specialize in his/her voice). There are exceptions to this of course, but having each person focus on a different area is most efficient.

Most pop artists are primarily a voice, everything else (image, songwriting, publicity, composition, etc) is done by individuals who specialize in each of those fields (so the singer can specialize in his/her voice). There are exceptions to this of course, but having each person focus on a different area is most efficient.

This precisely why I hate pop artists. They are not responisble for any part of the music other than the performance, and yet their name is the one plastered all over the CD.

If a rock band writes a song its just another day. If a pop artist writes a song, its a celebration.

This precisely why I hate pop artists. They are not responisble for any part of the music other than the performance, and yet their name is the one plastered all over the CD.

If a rock band writes a song its just another day. If a pop artist writes a song, its a celebration.

That's why I like John Mayer.

...Yes I like John Mayer. Fucking sue me. Also, didn't Michael Jackson write a lot of his songs?

This precisely why I hate pop artists.

hate the game, not the player

They are not responisble for any part of the music other than the performance, and yet their name is the one plastered all over the CD.

You seem to be thinking that this is somehow thankless to the hardworking people who make this possible.

This is similar to thinking Pinochhio gets any of the money that people throw at him - it's the guy who pulls the strings that cashes in.

Welcome to Marketing.

Also, didn't Michael Jackson write a lot of his songs?

Yeah.

Now, there's a big difference between Jacko and whatever fluffed-up airhead they want to launch into stardom.

Look at it this way: The artist is the end product that all the others have invested in. That's what they are in the end, products.

Oh, and when they do claim to have written a song, they usually just thought up some incomprehensable humming which their "co-composer" to their best ability translated to something resembling a chorus.