nub question :D

HoboKa

well, in either case, the file ends with .jei. Is this for another mixer program?

Here's what you'll do. Back away from the computer, grab a 50 pound sledge hammer, beat the crap out of it, then call the insurance company and say that your cat pushed it down the stairs.

It's for your own safety.

you sure it's .jei? that extension apparently does not exist in any extension database.

also, i'm still leaning towards virus. how did you even get two files? there's only one file on the server you downloaded it from. and it's not an archive, so the other file had to come from something on your computer locally.

Oh shoot, you know what? I think it's because I use Flashget to download this stuff, and that file comes with it once it's done. I guess that Flashget may be somewhat malicious...I'll just use Firefox to DL the songs then :S

I've had two files before. Only one was the actual song and the other file had the same name but it was empty. I just deleted it off my computer and my mp3 and everything works fine.

^^ problem solved. I thought that it was a file that u could use to rip into your FL studio or w/e so u can see how the remixer did it ><, but I guess that'd be stupid, so there we go.

I don't see how you guys are getting two files at all. Clicking a single link to download a single file gives you one file, period. What browser are you using and is the second file named NAME_OF_REMIX.mp3.part? The only thing I can think of is that when you download using Firefox, it creates a filename.ext.part file which only lasts until the download completes.