OCR01603 - *YES* Pokémon Red Version 'TEEM.ROKIT'

Liontamer

ReMixer Name: Tweek

Email: bmarnold@uga.edu

User ID: 6829

Game: Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow

Song Name: Team Rocket Hideout (link to the source is http://tweekmusic.com/source/hideout.mid)

This mix was started over a year ago, but it certainly did not sound the way it does now. The original (which I'm NOT asking you judge) was here: http://tweekmusic.com/music/pokemon_old.mp3. As I'm sure you'll hear (if you listen to it), it was lacking......a lot :).

I decided to do a complete overhaul on the mix, and here you have it. I had just finished working on REAKTR.1 with sephfire and I was on a DnB fix, so I decided to stick with the genre and revamp this track (as you will probably notice the similar title names). I wanted to keep the same sense of uneasiness that the source and my original attempt possessed, but I wanted it to rock a bit harder.

So, after a year, two months, and seven days, here is the final product!

Tweek/Brian

I would like to request a link retention in the case of a "NO" decision.

Just to clarify, this is NOT part of the Pokemon ReMix Project.

You've simplified the mix a lot from the source. You have a rich soundscape going on here, I'm enjoying the thick textures and the crisp clear industrial sound. But there's really not a lot going on in terms of the arrangement. You flirt around with the synthy leads from the source in sections, but where you could've really built it up into something complex, you always jump away into a weird break or drum solo.

Take no fault from this. I really enjoy this mix and I think it's passable as it is. But it pains me to think that this could be a lot better than it is at the moment. ie: a little more work on the arrangement can push it from being a B track into an A+ track as far as I'm concerned. Really work on getting those crazy fast synths going in some of those sections.

I'll give it a YES anyway, far be it from me to reject someone just because I think a passable track could be better. But if this does pass and make it onto the site as is, I'd be pleased if you still went back to the track and maybe made an extended version of the mix that's a little more daring.

• 1 month later...

What!? 2 Pokemon remixes in a row with YES votes? This must be a mistake. Yeah, so the thing with talented remixers remixing pokemon...at the very best it's like you're molding the venus di milo out of a giant pile of poo. Sure you've got some chops, but you're putting them to waste on this crappy material. Imagine how much better your art could be if you had a better source to work with. I feel like this remix is a skanky hobag dolled up with makeup, sexy lengerie, a corset maybe, which make her look tappable under the dim maroon lights of a sleazy bar with a broken jukebox and a sticky floor, but tomorrow morning you KNOW you're gonna feel dirty.

YES

*BGC edit*

Best. Vote. EVAR.

Hahahaha! This source again. Man.

Aight, let's go.

http://www.zophar.net/gbs/pokemonb.zip - Track 36

You gotta get some new sounds for this genre or at least get more experimental. It'd be an oversimplification to say REAKTR.1 sounds the same as 'TEEM.ROKIT' sounds the same as 'Confronto Finale', but you're pulling a lot of instrumentation ideas out of the same bag of tricks. Work harder to vary your sounds up with new effects and production techniques.

What the hell was that from 2:44-2:51? The reversing didn't work that well to me, but ah well.

The EQing's still geared too much to the low end, but, unlike your others subs, it's not impactful or largely noticeable.

It's great to hear someone really overhaul such a rough-sounding source that honestly didn't seem to have much going for it. Nothing wrong with the arrangement. It's groovin'. It's interpretive. I'm down.

YES