My userid : 20879

ReMix Info

Name of game ReMixed : Romancing Saga

Name of individual song ReMixed : Battle Theme 1

Additional information about game :

Composer : Kenji Ito

System : SNES

-------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=rs - "The Conflict" (rs-11.spc)

Decent groove, but not a lot of power behind the production or complexity in the textures. You could definitely flesh out the background more to give this some more substance, and the synths employed here are flimsy-sounding overall. The beat-driven groove until 2:31 is catchy, but repetitive. Decent changeup afterward, but again you need something to pad the track out in the background. There's too much empty space.

As for the arrangement, this is also too repetitive for a 5-minute piece. There's some evolution, but the changes generally come from changing the effects in place and adding/subtracting parts rather that developing any new writing ideas interpreting the source material.

Good base, but needs a lot more development. You should keep working on it.

NO

• 1 month later...

The texture here could be so much richer. There's a lot of empty space behind the lead and the arpeggiating line. Throw a pad or some mid-range appegio stuff back there. You can't really get away with just lead, bass, and beats here.

As mentioned, things are just too repetitive here to justify the length. The second half has an attempt at breaking down and rebuilding, but its just the same thing defiltering; the beats don't even change their pattern, they just drop out certain elements and re-add later.

You need to interpret the source and explore things way more than what you've done here.

NO