*NO* Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 'Blazin in My RX-7 FC'

Liontamer

Name: Brink-of-Time

Forum ID: 3677

ReMix info:

Game: Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune

Song ReMixed: Feel the Passion

Link to soundtrack: http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/aa/am/vg/wanganmaxi2/bgm/special.php

Game info: Arcade Racing Sim. Music by Yuzo Koshiro. Bandai Namco Games

I love this game. There's an arcade about 5 min down the street from me, and I go there to play it once a week ( spending about $20 on that game alone). Anyways, after a while I looked up the soundtrack and found it for free from the games japanese website.

Feel the Passion kinda stuck out to me, as it had the energy for a racing song, but had a happy feel to it. Like it's an adventure to drive. lol

Anyways, I kept the dance style to keep the energy, but changed the layout, with some new solos and breakdowns. Titled the ReMix "Blazin in My RX-7 FC" since I drive a 91 RX-7 FC in that game. lol

Hope you enjoy this one.

-Brink

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for linking to the soundtrack. You know I didn't wanna go searching for it.

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 - (03) "Feel the Passion"

The effort towards filling things out is there in terms of the number of sounds in play, but the textures are really thin and vanilla. All the synths have no body to them, and the beatwork and claps have no punch to them. There's nothing padding out the background and the beat patterns are basic and repetitive.

As far as the arrangement goes, I did like the original stuff at 1:33-2:24 that seamlessly built off of the original; the arrangement needs more good writing ideas like that.

The production here is what kills this. That's where it needs the most TLC. It's really tough to arrange a source tune like this one in a similar genre, as the sounds here are nowhere near as fleshed out, making a comparison more unflattering. Decent base, now flesh it out.

NO

• 1 month later...

This is fairly meh sounding in comparison to the high energy of the original, though I do like the softer take. You should consider working in some more instruments to accentuate that and build a more interesting and unique texture. As Larry said, the original stuff is nice, so lets hear more of that along with a more expansive approach to the soundscape.

NO, but rework and resub

Not bad at all. I'm not really feeling the fake guitars; the attacks are a bit slow, and they don't cut through. From time to time the soundfield sounds really thick, in a good way. (during the chorus, I suppose). I think the piano/pad parts could be a lot more interesting. use some interesting harmonies, get that piano a little more busy. Aside from that, I think you could use a lot more dynamic variation. Good start though.

NO