Mario RPG Boss / Smithy Fight

AMT

http://myweb.cableone.net/rebelart/MarioRPGBoss.mp3

I've been working on this for the past few hours, and I want to get a bit of feedback on how it's coming so far. I'm not sure if I like the transition into the Smithy fight, how does that sound? Also, the mastering might sound off, because I don't have any other headphones to listen on right now. Please listen, and thanks for feedback!

K, time for a sober review.

Pretty much, the drunk side of me was right. There's a lot going on with no real substance. The little intro was pretty cool, but then it just sounds like a lot of default drums, what sounds like boobass, with little to no atmosphere. There's no real transition from one part to the next either.

The mastering is a little weak too.

I guess keep trying to do your own thing with this, hopefully it'll start sounding better.

Far too simple. No offense meant whatsoever, but the original piece had a lot more depth to it. I don't like the short, blippy (for lack of a better word) sounds, or the fact that certain notes from the original were cut out. Not to say it has to be just like the original, but it sounds enough like the original that it bothers me that the notes are missing.

Sorry I can't give you a better review. I absolutely love the source material, and I hope you keep trying.

I'm gonna have to agree. The thing I love about OCRemix is taking AWESOME songs and revealing just how AWESOME they really are.

This one doesn't do that. Empty yeah, no depth, repetitive.. The end sounds like it's turning into something good, but if this whole things was an intro to that, it's WAY too long. Please keep plugging away. I really want to hear this one.

Thanks.

I think it's not bad, the start, the lead synth and the bass are pretty good, and it is interpreted differently. But I know that one of the first things a judge might say is it needs more meat. No, they aren't gay, what they would want is more instruments to add to the song (and more "layers"). Or, you could try putting the lead synth thingy into a minor or major chord, using a "chop" function if you have it. Chords and/ or progressions, or arpeggios tend to beef up a song.

• 2 weeks later...