Thinking of doing a 'machines' refill...

coincidentally, I've made a few patches that emulate some of the vanguard's presets, and a few days ago I also made a scratching patch, which was pretty fun to mess around with. :P

Sweet. :) Did you use chorus and delays for the scratching?

Haha speaking of vanguard I made an Insert FX that basically sounds like it. You can route in whatever samples you want for the sounds to use. I might make another version after looking at Nexus.

I emailed Peff and got his blessing to use his beat repeater and xfade combinators as the basis for some of the combis (as they already were lol), I will give him full credit in the documentation/manual.

coincidentally, I've made a few patches that emulate some of the vanguard's presets, and a few days ago I also made a scratching patch, which was pretty fun to mess around with. :P

If you want to share these, let me know and I'll put them in the refill. If anyone else wants to contribute, just send the combinator file(s) to me by Wednesday 8th August with an explanation of how to use it as a text file and I'll put it in a seperate folder in the refill with your name on it.

Sweet. :) Did you use chorus and delays for the scratching?

Haha speaking of vanguard I made an Insert FX that basically sounds like it. You can route in whatever samples you want for the sounds to use. I might make another version after looking at Nexus.

Frankly i don't remember how I did it, I know it involved lots of lfo cv modulation and a few samplers. I will see if i can submit a more polished version, as I made that one almost by accident XD (sometimes I just sit and experiment, and when I get wicked results that I like I save them)

EDIT: Malcos, the scratching sounds cool. Is that combi an insert, or a scratching sound generator? because mine isn't something that you can insert and converts the sound into scratching, although, I might have an idea of how that could be accomplished... gonna try it when I get home.

Frankly i don't remember how I did it, I know it involved lots of lfo cv modulation and a few samplers. I will see if i can submit a more polished version, as I made that one almost by accident XD (sometimes I just sit and experiment, and when I get wicked results that I like I save them)

EDIT: Malcos, the scratching sounds cool. Is that combi an insert, or a scratching sound generator? because mine isn't something that you can insert and converts the sound into scratching, although, I might have an idea of how that could be accomplished... gonna try it when I get home.

I tried to do a scratch machine but it wasn't working at first, then I gave up and started making a glitch machine, and then I ended up making a scratch machine...lol.

It's an insert effect and you run the audio through it. Then you can use your midi keyboard on the scratch combi and press a key every time you want to 'scratch' the incoming audio. At the same time as the audio is being 'scratched', the original sound is muted (although there is a version of this without the muting) so it sounds like you're actually scratching the audio. I used a delay to do it, taking advantage of the weirdness that happens when you change the delay times with the DDL-1.

Does what I said make any sense? I'm trying to make the explanations as clear as possible for the manual.

I tried to do a scratch machine but it wasn't working at first, then I gave up and started making a glitch machine, and then I ended up making a scratch machine...lol.

It's an insert effect and you run the audio through it. Then you can use your midi keyboard on the scratch combi and press a key every time you want to 'scratch' the incoming audio. At the same time as the audio is being 'scratched', the original sound is muted (although there is a version of this without the muting) so it sounds like you're actually scratching the audio. I used a delay to do it, taking advantage of the weirdness that happens when you change the delay times with the DDL-1.

Does what I said make any sense? I'm trying to make the explanations as clear as possible for the manual.

yeah, of course, I understood it perfectly. I'm thinking of trying to do it using the rv7000, since it has a "reverse" mode which I can take advantage of to create the "scratch". I've yet to try it but I think it could work, it all depends on how "dry" I can get the output signal to be, so it sounds more like the sound being reversed and fast-fowarded rather than a reversed reeverb being manipulated. We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

:o

:o:O:O:O:O:O

This refill..... makes my balls wet....

SO awesome, you guys rock, and are amazing, thank you so much for this. Seriously... I would have never thought of so much of this.... my entire concept of sound is expanded and Reason is a new feild of delight, in which I prance and pick dafodils.

I am only disapointed in 1 thing with this....

ONLY 1 THING

I wasnt thanked for anything in the documentation (I know I didnt actually do anything, but it still wouldv been nice)