Jump to content

Is there a word that defines DAW users?


Recommended Posts

i don't see the need for another term. we're all musicians, producers, composers, audio engineers, etc.. there's already terms to describe what we do. and everybody uses computers nowadays, so there's no point in distinguishing the fact that we use DAWs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doesn't the word "programmer," mentioned by Sil, cover all of this already? I know in the industry the term refers primarily to drum sequences, but unglamorous as it sounds, "programmer" or "music programmer" may already be an accepted "title." I already have been using this word to describe myself and what I do.

Music programmer sounds either like youre coding (which could makes sense if you're heavy into CSound or something, but other wise not), or almost like your DJing - setting up schedules for playing songs like TV Programmers do...

The name for this is not needed and no one but one forum will heed it as analoq said.

I just say I produce and compose electronic music. meh. I am an electronic music producer/composer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.


×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...