Anyway to change EQ dynamically with note changes?

Say I found the perfect tone (lol) for an A, but when I play a D, the bad overtones start to leak back in. Is there a way for the EQ to go up and down following what I am playing midi or do I have to use automation clips? Thanks

Also if you can do it midi, is there a way to do it with live single note sound (I am feeling doubtful about this one)? Ok thanks again

Well... First of all I'd say change your EQ to make it work, I'm not sure how you got your EQ to sound nice only for one note, but you should be able to come to something that works for all of them. If you absolutely can't do without your specially equalized A note then I suppose you could:

1: Record the A with the right EQ to a sample then do it again and again with every note, then take your samples and put them into whatever it is that can route them all into a keyboard (FPC I guess, Is there any other way to do it?) Then you have all of them there perfectly EQ'd, but you might lose some of the flexible of whatever generator you're using.

2. Automate it all...

3: Well, you could make a layer, then make a copy of the generator you're using for each note you need, route each channel through a different insert and put EQ onto each one seperately, you'll need to assign the layer to play all of the generators. (Make sure you assign the keyboard ranges on each channel to the note it's supposed to be)

Hope one of those ones work, If you need to I'd probably go the sample route.

1: Record the A with the right EQ to a sample then do it again and again with every note, then take your samples and put them into whatever it is that can route them all into a keyboard (FPC I guess, Is there any other way to do it?)

Yes, there is. That's one of the two main uses of Layer channels. Make samplers of all your individual sounds, make them children of the layer channel, and then select "split layers." This is the way of automatically splitting them and may not assign them to the keys you want. To get them on the keys you want, go to them individually and on the part with the keyboard, right click, then double click on the note you want them to use. (Right click sets the root note, double clicking sets the range to that one note only.)

If this is too brief and vague, watch this:

Thanks Miku, I wasn't really expecting anyone to see that question in there and answer, I had forgotten about that application, I personally don't like working with FPC (probably mainly because I don't know to much about how to use it.) I'll probably just use this now instead. Thanks.