MegaMan 3: Blue Lightning

KougarLOB

I sent a private message to Disco Dan about a song he submitted back in 'ought-one ('2001' for those of you in RioLinda, CA). I have not gotten a response so I pose this request to the community.

The MegaMan 3 mix "Blue Lightning" is a 8minute 41 second song that was downgraded to 96kbps in order to fit on the website. Since I'm sure OCRemix's servers have been upgraded dramatically since then I was wondering if it would be possible to post the original or at least higher-bit rate version of that mix. (That is assuming DJ Pretzel or someone else still has access to that original file.)

Again, I've already sent a private message to the 'remixer' that after several weeks hasn't even been read. Last.fm lists the song but has no working link to it.

I'm pretty sure that you're not going to get a reply from DiscoDan telling you that he'll get right on it and upload it just so you can have it.

The mix has been posted and it fits within OCR's standards, there is no more that needs to be said about it; I'm doubly sure that he has better things to do with his time than revisit a six year old remix and 'upgrade' it to its original bitrate.

Thanks, Bundeslang and apologies to all about not replying to my own thread sooner.

I was sifting through the 1500+ songs from OCR's two mega-torrents one lonely Saturday afternoon and when I heard 'BlueLightning' I was totally surprised by it.

When I messaged Disco Dan I didn't expect him to revise anything. Honestly I didn't expect anything. I was thinking that maybe back in the day he may have been disappointed that his work couldn't be "displayed" (posted, shared) at the full intended quality. I know as an editorial cartoonist for a local paper I'm flattered when someone calls/e-mails me for copies of old cartoons I've made.

My experience with making mixes was short lived. Some of the short clips I made sounded pretty good but the cheap software I had limited me to the point of frustration and I lost interest. Being 12 years old at the time didn't help things much either.

I did not know OCR's file-size limit and wouldn't have asked about revising the current post if I had known.