Oops It's Kefka

ShinnyMetal

Overall, I had trouble finding thje parts that are from source. Either I haven't quite memorized Kefka's theme, or that's not where it's from. Or, they're sneakishly hiddened someplacewhere in somekinda form. Anyway, this is a nice deviation from the usual newb techno I've heard a little too much of lately. I like the rythm the bass sets up, and props for using an organ instead of a standard synth.

I like its sound, tho the same theme over and over again gets a little repetitive, but there's still variation enough to keep it from being more than moderately annoyingly so. You might want to find some piece of the original to fit in somewhere, break away from the two/three chords' progression you've used throughout.

Also, when the drums come in, keep the hihat doing something, it sounds a little too empty to have just bass and snare. Note that it doesn't have to be the same as when it does come in the current version.

Here's an idea, switch from pizzicato to staccato when you want to power up the mix. Break away from rhythm and beat just before letting everything crash down into a grande finale. Then, end the mix. It'll be a little short, but since there's just the same theme repetated with different instruments, you'd either have to add something (possible remove something as well), or keep it short.

Overall, sound quality is all nice. You might want to avoid repeating yourself as much as you currently do. The hihat could need some kind of fill every once in a while, and you should keep an ear out for dynamics - less intense and more intense areas of the song. Dynamics is good.

But more importantly, relisten to the original and incorporate more of that into this. It'll give you a better idea of what to add - even if it's just to end it - without repeating what you've played so far. This is a piece I'd gladly download once it's finished, so keep working on it.

the main themem is played by the piano with what I got so far. =D

repeating should go down once I get an Ida of what I want...I tend to do that as I think up ideas... X.x

thank you for the C&C

oh and it WILL be longer...with more of the theme added and some of dancing mad in there too :D

A problem here is that you can't here anything of Kefka for the first half of the song. When the organ enters you can here some similarities, but it's not until waaaay after that when the piano enters you can hear it, and then it's really quiet.

I like the ideas of the backing track, but don't drag it out man ;)

The drums are super-dull. After the 1-2-3-4 hi-hat count in you really expect something way more epic. spice it up with some more action! Hi-hat patterns, flams on the snare, ghost notes, a crash here and there. Don't go all on-tss on-tss ;) Listen to rock drummers

The choices of sounds are not the most interesting, but they still work quite well. If you could only do something that makes them move! Since most are playing the same pattern over and over again, it wouldn't hurt to get some additional movement in there.

and yes, it's very very repetitive. Try doing some chord changes, maybe small melodic changes. Since you aren't really doing anything else than these same patterns until the piano enters you must make it more interesting or change the arrangement structure completely.

Hope I'm not sounding to harsh but this is just constructive criticism ;) Keep working and really listen to it, it's the small things that does it but before that you need to fix the big things :)

I like what you've got started, but you definitely need to work on fleshing out what you have before you work on adding more to the rest of the song. As far as arrangement goes, it really is lacking in terms of similarity to the original. If you're remixing Kefka's theme, I have a real issue with finding much of it in this piece. Is this really Kefka's theme, or is there something else in there? What you've got sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't really place it.

The piece itself is fairly well-done, but I have real issues with the way you're handling the drums. From the kit you're using, it sounds like you're going for more of a rock beat, but your actual drum-work is far too low-energy for a rock beat to work. Add some more snare and hi-hat! With that four hi-hat lead in, I was expecting 1 beat of a hard snare roll followed by a hard rock groove, but what you've got is fairly, well, bland. A good drum track could really spice up this song.

I like where this song is headed, but at its current state it is in dire need of a new drum kit :P

I can hear the Kefka melody, though it's a fairly liberal interpretation of it.

More variety and dynamics would be good. Keep working on it and update when it's more fleshed out, I think it's a great start. But at the moment I can imagine it's fairly hard to determine where you are going with this. Please don't give up on it!

Good luck man