Thunderbird bug

Jillian Aversa

For anyone out there who uses Thunderbird as their email program... Just yesterday, I started having a problem. For some reason, none of my "read" mail is showing up in my inbox anymore. When I get a new message and read it, it disappears! My sent-box has remained unaffected. Any idea what could be happening here?

Two possibilities I can think of. One is that I've noticed Thunderbird occasionally clears its list of what's in a folder; the contents aren't lost, they're just not displayed. Switching folders and switching back to my inbox would help in that case. The second is that you have some kind of message filter set up that is immediately rerouting read messages.

Haha, yeah. Why anyone wouldn't want to refer to read e-mails is beyond me. I mean, if you have too many old e-mails that you've read in your inbox, make a folder or something!

Some people like to have a clean slate. And if you leave your mail in the Inbox, it's easier to search. I stopped putting stuff in folders years ago.