Final Fantasy 4 - Tower of Bab-il WIP

Monobrow

Here is my latest WIP

Source is: Final Fantasy IV - Tower of Bab-il

First off, I love the soundtrack to this game... It's really awesome, so I hope you like this song.

Tell me what you think, what bothers you, what you like, etc. Don't pay attention to anything after around 2:30 ish...

Really, whatever jumps out at you tell me.

My remix alternate hosting

Source alternate hosting

p.s. please also listen to my Brandish WIP which is also floating around if you like this please :J

Nice take on this theme - cool ideas.

-Right ear is very hot/bright with that piano and maybe some other stuff. It's even louder later. I'd tone it down a bit.

-Pretty hard panning on the pizzicato strings and piano, I'm not sure if it works here, but that's up to you

-Needs a lot more bass presence I think. Especially at the intro, the low end should be really filled out.

-I like how it's leading up to the main section, but I think it needs a lot more dynamics to make the transition exciting. Right now it just feels like it increases speed without much volume change. I'd love to hear a big, full hit with that chord at :48 after a strong buildup.

-You've got some cool gating effects, but they seem a bit buried.

-I like the effects at 1:11, but it seems to get pretty cluttered. Not sure how to help you here.

Not much more time to listen now, but keep it up - I love this source tune.

It's pretty interesting, although I'd say that in some parts it feels a bit empty, you might want to add some kind of violin/synthesizer to accompany it in order to make it sound less empty. Honestly, despite what I've already criticized, you actually do a pretty decent job in making it not empty. I think in some parts it gets too chaotic, try to make it more balanced with parts unless you're trying to go for that kind of style. Also, some parts just don't fit with the rest of the song's style, and it seems like many parts are just seperated, and sound like their own seperate song. Try to join them together a bit more and make the song more like a single song rather than several seperate ones. I don't think this is quite at ocr's bar level, but I'd say you're getting pretty close at least in some areas of the song. Just keep on working on it, and you'll have something really awesome. Awesome work!:wink:

thanks for the review

I will def. work on trying to fill up the space in some places...

I also need to work on bridging some transitional gaps and make it flow better (I realize that the end parts I've added may feel a litte out of place because I haven't really worked on some transitional stuff, and they are mostly just ideas I may or may not use)