Threaded, Hybrid, Linear... *sigh*

Tom-Foolery

I'll have to go with Hybrid mode. But, I must say, this is the first forum I've ever been in that didn't have a simple 'flat' mode, where you can see every post in the exact order in which they were added or posted by it's members.

This place is almost like a maze. Or perhaps, being NEW here I haven't gotten used to how this forum works. Yet, I can see how it might get confusing with so many replies in one topic. With discussions that break off into other subjects, otherwise known as 'going off topic', this way it can be easier to follow certain discussion 'branches'.

I'm sure there must be a reason why the 'flat view' option isn't available. Not that I can't live without it. I can always adapt. ;-)

Edit: Oops. This may have been better suited to the other topic titled: OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues. :<

I'm pretty sure Linear mode fits your description.

Yes, linear fits the description, but the problem with linear is that it's practically impossible to track who people are replying to unless they're nice enough to use properly-formatted quote tags.

That's why I use threaded.

Yes, linear fits the description, but the problem with linear is that it's practically impossible to track who people are replying to unless they're nice enough to use properly-formatted quote tags.

That's why I use threaded.

Most people at OCR are replying to either the first post in the thread or the post before theirs, unless a post is specifically quoted. Come on man, you've been around long enough to know that. :(

To make this post I clicked on the 'Post Reply' button at the bottom of the page.[/useless info.] :-P

The thing I noticed one time was that I clicked on the 'Reply with Quote' button of someone's post in another topic. Now before I replied there were already a number of replies already made. Somewhere in the teens or twenties - which gave it a 2nd page. But after adding my reply it was on the first page, it was the 2nd post from the reply that I quoted.

In the typical 'Flat' style, it would've been on the 2nd page. :|

Most people at OCR are replying to either the first post in the thread or the post before theirs, unless a post is specifically quoted. Come on man, you've been around long enough to know that. :(

It's still easier to follow tangented discussions in threaded mode as opposed to linear.

Unless of course you have people replying in long chains of linear-after-linear with no care in the world for whose post they're actually replying to. Then linear makes more sense.