FF6 The Nightmare Oath (resub)

OceansAndrew

Oooh the balance is much improved. Good spacing with all of the elements.

3:04 The drums sound a lil distant compared to the rhythm guitar which is right up front. This is even more apparent at 3:22 once the strings come in full force. To to boost the volume just a tad. Ease up on the decay on the reverb. Any type of overdrive/saturation or even a slight distortion should help them out. Maybe mess around with the compression a bit more. Maybe set the attack back a bit to keep the sharp transients. Then tack on some more release and keep the threshold high. This could make the drums too fat so be careful IMO. I'd go with the saturation/overdrive option before the compression though IMO.

Only other gripe is the intro piano. I like it but compositionally it feels like it is building up to something...which it does. The thing is the velocity levels seem pretty stagnant. Maybe just try to add in a slight crescendo using the velocity.

Overal this is an awesome arrangement with some really good orchestral influences. The pacing is nice and well executed. And for being mastered in garage band...the mastering is pretty damn good IMO.

0:00-0:13 The keyboard feels a little slammed to me. I think a build from subtle to sharp chords would emphasize this. The notes ending the motifs at 0:12 and 0:14 sound really harsh, the second sounds ok against the climax but the first sticks out oddly.

Some booming bass out of the bass drum would rock. The drum samples could use some punch too. Some sweet EQ would really make them better. In fact, on the whole, the mix could use a little bass mixed out.

Those would be my only nitpicks. Very exciting tracks, blends, and changes. A little polished mastering I think this will rock.