Filters and automation clips for morons.

HoboKa

Well to start with you could look at the responses to this thread, but as for filters I'm afraid I can't help you...

Seriously though. This stuff seems pretty basic, but good luck finding ANYTHING in the FLStudio help about how to do them. FL is kind of weird from time to time - it seems like everything is perfect and really well-organized and then all of a sudden there will be a feature you'd expect that will just be mysteriously absent. Half the time it's just hidden pretty well with no easy way to find it and the other half the time it just isn't there at all (e.g. implementing swing in notes in the piano roll - I spent like an hour or two of searching and messing around, looking through google and the help file, certain the feature existed, only to find that after all this time there's still no way to do it except slice each note yourself...and personally, I NEVER use the step sequencer at all to begin with, so why only have swing available there?).

Dude, Antipode, you really need to look harder. ALT+Q. Applies custom quantization to a piano roll - you can select from a whole bunch of different types of swing files, or in theory make your own. So easy to do.

Filters: What about them? Filters on synths, or filters used as FX on mixer track channels? There's not a lot to the latter. Load up Fruity Free Filter, select a filter type, mess with the cutoff... there's your filter. On synths, it's the same general concept. What do you need help on?

Automation clips: Right click on any knob in FL and click "Create Automation Clip". This will create an automation clip in the playlist. You can right click in it to create a new point and left click + drag to move points around. This will control whatever knob or slider you created the automation clip for.