Odd problems with a wah pedal and amplitube 2

For some reason, my wah-wah pedal doesn't work in conjunction with amplitube 2. When I run a signal from guitar to wah-wah to amp, it works perfectly. When I run a signal from guitar to wah-wah to mixer (and thus to amplitube), it works fine when I turn the wah off, but when I stomp it to engage the wah, the signal gets completely muted.

Any ideas why this might happen?

Might just be a hunch, but sometimes when I get the same problem it's either because the Wah's powersource has been disconnected while moving it (Of course, if you use batteries that wouldn't happen), or because I didn't stomp the Wah correctly, so it goes into a phase between On and Bypass, where the signal is indeed muted.

Oh wait! I remember, it MIGHT have something to do with the input levels. If I recall correctly Amplitube 2 uses a noisegate that's always active, so if you have it DI'd into your Mic Entrance (Not sure of your recording chain and if it has a pre-amp)and because the fact that the Wah chops off a lot of the original signal, it might be muted because the noisegate kicks in.

I'm assuming you aren't stupid, but I still have to ask: is this a wah/volume combo pedal? And are you sure you're changing it to wah and not "volume 0"? :P

-steve

That was the very first thing that I thought of too, because I used to do this with my pedal...because I am a dumb.

I'm gonna have to try this out later on when I get home and see if I have the same issue. I have yet to try my wah pedal with amplitube actually. Of course, my setup is kinda weird as it is. I don't have a DI box, so I go guitar > pod (yeah, I know) > sound card > sonar/amplitube.