Little Nemo Ending Theme

metaphist

Latest:

** Nemo Wip 4 **

Submitted about a week ago, but still taking suggestions.

------

** Nemo Wip 3 **

I could talk about it, but that's your job ;)

12/30 - made a minor levels adjustment and re-uploaded.

------

** Nemo Wip 2 **

Added about a minute to the track. A new rhodes section comes in with varied basslines, plus slightly edited drum patterns throughout. Changed the background synth and added lots of details to the soundscape. I didn't get a chance for a final check after I rendered the mp3, so hopefully there's no glaring issue I missed...

------

** Nemo Wip 1 **

"Nightmare King's Dream" got me listening to Nemo tracks, and something just spoke to me when I heard the ending theme.

Comments, suggestions? I think I hear some distortion at 1:08, but I'll let it stand for now (tips on distortion would be nice :o )

hey man!

long time no see

this is pretty funky, I like it

As for the intro, I think you should definitely mix things up there, put in some pads and build that intro dynamically... crescendo, decrescendo for some effect.

The bass is great here, the drums are pretty okay, just play around with those beats some more, experiment. Overall, I think your drums need just a little more care... The beat is nice, the samples are decent, but maybe you could layer them with more samples later. Really just go to town here!

The vibe solos are okay, but I think you can do better, like add some little nuances here and there. Hell, throw in some other instruments behind them, as in, try to put something in there that contrasts and therefore throws focus onto your vibes (more than you've already got, because you have plenty of room to work with)

I like the background delay/ tinkly vibe behind things later on, good touch...

Your rhodes in there is nice too...But I think it could do with it's own solo along with those vibes... counter melody that bitch...harmonize, anything.

I don't like that synth too much that's in the upper right... It's just too plain... maybe do some pitch bends, gated effects, etc.... Or just keep that synth and add another synth to emphasize it.

Overall, very nice and groovy, I like. It's a great start. Keep working on it!

Mono! Can always count on you for some good feedback!

Amazingly, all of those suggestions sound like the things I had in mind to experiment with. I definitely want to do something with the rhodes, and the right panned synth will probably get upgraded or augmented when I dig up something good. I want to be careful to make the drums interesting without overpowering the melody, but I love me some intricate drums. Should have an update by the end of the week. Thanks for the comments.

I like it a lot. Very calming, actually, and the drum-beat is really snappy and fun.

Why was the sound volume of WIP 2 so low, though?

Hey, do you mind if I use WIP 1 for a small project of mine? I am making a small platform-game inspired by Little Nemo, and that song fits like a glove for an in-game tune. :)

I realize the volume issue, I'm actually going to re-upload it normalized (in a few mins).

As for using the track, as long as the game isn't for profit, I don't see any copyright issues. Just PM me some more detailed info.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...