OCR00878 - Mega Man 3 "Mega Man 2003"

DarkCecil13

Ah yes, another masterpiece from Gecko. May be from a track I know too well by now, but meh.

Opened in a very touching mood. Some sad violins, a quiet piano and a bass to accompany them, and then BANG the remix shoots out like a bullet and starts the real deal here, techno at full velocity. I can´t help it to think of the original, that synth sounds awfully familiar. Since I loved the track before I found this site, so it doesn´t bother me so much. But I liked the part that proceeded afterwards, it moved slowly but safely into trancemode with that very typhical but oh so lovable synth that´s so typhical for it. Very good variation to the remix, and the synth that then followed didn´t bother me.

To come to a conclusion, very cool remix with plenty of different synths, with nice drums and beats to fulfill the perfectionism of this piece. It really draws out the fastpaced spirit of the original, although many remixes has already done it, but it does it in its own unique way, the Gecko Yamori way!

Awesome to the max!

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This mix is a little dated, but I still pretty much listen to it every New Years Eve - it helps usher in the new year, and it's an excuse to play this solid song. It's a little dated, but the arrangement keeps interesting. I feel it could have been longer like a lot, but it sets out to do much of what you expect. it sets off a bang with the sudden build up into the electronic portion after the slow beginning. It's supposed to be a fun and does the job.

On a side note, I think it's hilarious that Dave called this an obscure piece :lol: .

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00878 - Mega Man 3 "Mega Man 2003"