Quake 2 'Descent into Ceberon' Pendulum style D'n'B

ellywu2

Listening...

I've heard a lot of drum and bass, so I know Pendulum pretty well.

That snare is not doing it for me, it needs way more punch, and there's also that little thing that only Pendulum can do with snares. The kick needs more punch too, the main elements of the break should be kick and snare, with the hats in the background.

I was expecting a phat reese, as the bass, but the bass here didn't really do it for me. A good atmosphere was established, but there was no phat reese, the existing bass is thin and all over the place. Keep it simple, add more modulation and distortion to make it huge.

No sub here, and there should be a sub.

Overall, I feel that this song has potential, you just need to tighten everything up, phatten it up, compression and distortion are your friends! Hope this helps :)

what happened to your last track? i liked that one... *tear*

Haven't listened yet, but I'll be sure to get you some feedback asap.

Edit: Will get more constructive later, but I can't really think of comments for this. Its solid, no doubt, not perfect, but I can't really think of what to say. A good start though, I enjoyed listening to it. More later that helps, seriously.

Edit 2: Back for some ACTUAL help this time! So for starters, love the tinkly sounding thing throughout the piece. That's great, keep it. I think the buildup at :52 could be more accentuated, its cool but it loses its meaning when it kinda sputters and doesn't do anything. Also, the sounds are similar to your last track, I don't know if that's how you want it, but it might be good to switch that up depending. I don't know the arrangement that well so I can't say about the source similarities, but its solid dnb for sure. Good stuff.