Made in fruityloops fl studio

Here is the mp3 file

Here it is on youtube.com

Contact Information

* Your ReMixer name : Dead zombie

* Your real name : John Israelsson

* Your email address: lonianmail@hotmail.com

* Your website : www.lonian.se

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your letter says "level 3". Your tags say "level II". I'm just gonna pick II.

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/journe~1.zip - Track 4

Opened up with some pretty rough-sounding synths. Sounded pretty abrasive, possibly clipping. The sequencing felt too rigid, negatively affecting the piano at 1:09 the most overtly. The texture was way too simplistic and empty, regardless of the volume attempting to fill out the soundfield. The groove here being so simple and basic left a lot of empty space in the background.

1:58 had a decent sense of trying to add a bit more on top to create some dynamic contrast. The changeup at 2:25 was also another good idea to take the arrangement in a different direction with another section of the source, but everything still had the same problems in terms of blistering volume and rigid sequencing.

Arrangement-wise, this didn't really do much to distinguish itself from the original, since the structure was essentially taken verbatim. With that said, I'd honestly rather listen to the original. Use the ReMixing forums here to learn more on how to work with your existing setup.

NO

• 5 weeks later...

Too simplistic in writing and producing. The arrangement was very similar to the original in terms of the partwriting, and mostly felt like an upgrade of synths. Textures were very thin in places, and a lot of patterns, especially the drum patterns, were basic and overused. Instruments on the whole didn't sit well together, and many could have been better chosen or better balanced.

Sorry, John, but I think you have a long way to go. Make use of our remixing forums, and just keep working on music. You've got some decent support writing in this piece, if not enough of it. And I can tell you've got the capacity for producing a solid song, because for one short, sparse section, 2:25-2:39, your song sounds great. Keep at it and I think eventually you can make an entire song sound that good.

NO

• 1 month later...

The arrangement here is not much more than a sound "upgrade" of the original. I put upgrade in quotes because the texture doesn't really work here; your leads come across as very shrill at times and the balance between instruments is off. That white-noise snare's sustain is just too long and sticks out. The arrangement basically just goes through the motions. I agree with the comments about the 2:25 section; quite creative, and I think that if you grabbed a hold of that and took the song further into that kind of dreamier, atmospheric texture, you'd be onto something. Give it some thought.

As it stands now, though, I'm gonna have to say NO.