*NO* Mega Man 2 'Bubbleman (Submersion Mix)'

Liontamer

Hey guys, here's a remix I just finished.

It's a remix of the Bubbleman stage from Mega Man 2 titled 'Bubbleman - Submersion Remix'

I'm always loved this stage's tune but always thought it's baseline really ruined it. So I wrote a new one and a new arrangement and changed the song into more of a rock style.

Judge kindly!!!

My names Fru

Email is

This is almost like the original. It's just the bassline and percussion that's different. The slayer synth sounds terribly muffled and there's too much high end.

NO. I almost overrode this piece, but you did change the bassline. You've got to bring much more in terms of arrangement to the table if you want to get a piece passed.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah this is way too close to the original. You've got a couple steps in the right direction, like the new bassline, the fills, and the breakdown-ish parts at 1:58 and 2:50, but even those parts are on the conservative side. The rest is practically note-for-note unchanged. Take a listen to some recent mixes on the site where you're familiar with the original to get a better idea of what we're looking for, in terms of modifying the original song.

You seem to have a decent handle on getting parts to sit together, but the song lacks energy, possibly because it's slower and so easily comparable to the original. A slower tempo can work, but I don't think it does in this case.

I think you've got an ear for interpretation based on the minor changes demonstrated here. Use that ear to make it your own song.

NO

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/megaman2.zip - Track 8 ("Bubble Man Stage")

Not much to add to what the others covered. The melodic arrangement was too straight forward, plus the percussion writing during the verses was generally plodding and uncreative. The rinse-and-repeats from 1:04-1:55 and 2:09-2:49 put the nail in the coffin. Extremely weak compared to your other submissions, Fru. While most of them have been rejected, there's clearly a lot less effort here in terms of developing anything substantial.

NO