#21 Wallace Guyford

Wallace Guyford

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 1,899 posts
  • LocationToledo, City of Lame

Posted 04 November 2004 - 02:36 AM

When I first heard this, I was kind of unimpressed and I and I almost deleted it, but I am not sure why I didn't.
But I am sure glad I didn't. This, like many of my favorite tracks, took more than a first impression for me to fall in love with it. Once I listened to it more, it grew on me, and I realized that the different, more minimalist tone was not a fault.
I like to listen to this mostly when I am drifting off to sleep, and it's very moving. Especially at 1:13 all the way to 2:00, and then at 2:59 to 3:13 it just gives me a very serene feeling and I envision the most beautiful things. It gives me a feeling not unlike the kind you have when you are looking at someone you have a crush on. A feeling of longing and admiration, of utmost beauty.
It's very smooth, mellow, peaceful and dreamy, and that doesn't make it bad. I love that it's more minimalistic, I love the chords that drift in and out like gentle waves. Remarkable work. Great job. I recommend you listen to it a bit more and try to be detached from other things when you do if you did not like it at first.

#22 Angelus Laminarum

Angelus Laminarum

Meat Boy (+250)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 06:45 PM

This is truly beautiful, Nigel. I love the epic feel to this entire piece. There is a sense of nature, almost, within this. The song would fit perfectly to wandering through a lush forest, peaceful, yet grand. Powerful... yet tender.

Not to mention that it loops flawlessly. Put the song to be the only one on the list, and set your player to repeat. It's just... wow...

Awesome job, Mr. Simmons.

P.S. I'm now a Red Mage. :wink: Better than an Eggplant Wizard, anyday.
Posted Image
Courtesy of Joyzilla.

#23 Nigel Simmons

Nigel Simmons

Luigi (+750)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 771 posts
  • LocationSuper Duper Undies Designer Warehouse!

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:44 AM

Hey, thanks a lot! I don't know if you'll ever see this, but hey. :D
Dweebish! (come and listen!)
My music

#24 RimFrost the Tourianist

RimFrost the Tourianist

Wario (+4000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,188 posts
  • LocationOf all the things i've lost, i think i miss my min

Posted 24 September 2005 - 04:32 AM

Hey, thanks a lot! I don't know if you'll ever see this, but hey. :D

Bumped it for you :wink:

Excellent song btw. I was moved by it also..it could have fit in a movie soundtrack anyday.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#25 Bummer

Bummer

Sonic (+9000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,683 posts
  • LocationFort McGruff

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:19 AM

Agrees with pretzel and Rimfrost, this can as easy as pie be the music to the movie of this game. This is a majestic piece, the strings and flutes goes up and down like a wave, and gets continuously pushed up by the have drums and cymbals. I'm very familiar with the melody, it does sound good in orchestral form.

This is gold.

#26 Kozmo

Kozmo

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:09 AM

Beautiful. Epic. I could listen to this song forever. It has the power to conjure such images and the momentum carries me away everytime i listen to it. Immpeccably made. I am very fond of the strings, especially when there is a simple chord between a lower sound and an upper sound. Extremely impressive, Nigel.

#27 42

Crash Bandicoot (+650)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 698 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in SC

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:08 PM

Agrees with pretzel and Rimfrost, this can as easy as pie be the music to the movie of this game.

Agreed. This is worthy of being on the big screen, and I can't believe this mix has been hidden away in the archives of OCR for so long.

Very calming, peaceful, deep and complicated, sweepingly majestic, very awesome and a must download. Awesome indeed. :-)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 OA

OA

Judge, Unsung Heroes Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,896 posts
  • Locationmn, usa

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:40 PM

Really really nice- beautiful swells and a great atmosphere. Some of the transitions were well thought out, but not 100% executed cleanly, but it's a fantastic piece regardless. The arrangement itself is pretty subtle, but definitely lends a lot of emotion to the original.

Strongly Recommended.
Posted Image

#29 vasudean

vasudean

Slime (+5)

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:49 PM

A really beautiful piece of music. It gives an air of an epic story being told. During the swells, it really captures the senses. This is my personal favorite song on this website. Bravo Nigel Simmons. Bravo.

#30 Liontamer

Liontamer

Community Manager, Judge

• Moderators
  • 12,772 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:23 AM

Still a very nice listen after all these years. Very chill; great energy here. The resolution was too sudden, but other than that, I'd love to hear this performed live, that's for sure. Nigel's got great material, both arrangements and originals.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brass, cinematic, classical, orchestral, strings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums