OCR02232 - *YES* Final Fantasy 5 'Sinking Deeper'

DragonAvenger

Not much to say about this one. You've got your typical Halc style going on, using and abusing the chip sounds with some more organic sounds. The source is incorporated nicely, and I like the chill, 'spa resort', feel. Sliding the pitch around makes things feel very wavering, which adds to the overall depth (get it?). I'm not totally crazy about the transition to the slower tempo at the end, it felt a little awkward.

Sounds good, although I'm looking forward to hearing you expand more on your styles!

YES

Listening to the source I could already imagine what halc would do with this, and cool enough, I wasn't that far off :-).

The semi-reversed synth was cool, but the attack sounded really weird to me. Otherwise, the textures were sweet, the flow was good, tranitions were strong, etc etc. You know what you are doing, and you are sortof pushing boundaries.

It's good, but the reverse synth isn't doing it for me. The rest makes up for it though, and the arrangement is classy.

Yes

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't judged a halc mix in a while, nice to be back in action. Let's see then... ok.

YES

You really get this arranging business. Constantly varying things up melodically, harmonically and texturally. The only thing I can think to criticize is that the track is a bit too breathing and pumping, easy with the compression/mastering my friend! Overall, great track though. You make it seem so easy.

• 1 month later...