OCR04246 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "I Can't Go On (I'll Goron)"

Liontamer

This one's a project track from Zas's Seven Years solo album. - LT

http://zazmusic.bandcamp.com/track/i-cant-goron-ill-goron

Remixer Name: Zas

Name of Arrangement: i can't go on (i'll goron)

Name of Individual Songs: Goron City (Ocarina of Time)

Thanks for your consideration.

As always you can leave the links up.

---------------------------------------

Starts out pretty conservatively, but quickly adds some original instrumentation at :06. Really love how Zas personalizes the instrumentation at :19. The structure remains the same as the original, but Zas really makes the sound his own, employing loads of instrument variations, herbs and spices.

The soundscape was noticeably cluttered/messy from 1:26-1:46, IMO, which was unfortunate. The old-timey muted trumpets at 2:04 were precious, there's no other way to say it. :lol:

I thought the volume was a bit much compared to my control track, but it wasn't a huge deal, though the swell at 3:21 seemed to clip like a motherfucker.

I wouldn't mind some other opinions on the mixing and levels just to verify or smack down my concerns there, but they were minor in the big picture. Ideally, I'd love to see those things touched up, but the call's pretty obvious to me. Lovin' it.

YES

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love how Larry claims it's super conservative for just the first 6 seconds. :lol:

I think a few of the drums could have been trimmed a bit EQwise, but I love the really loose feel, and the panning is excellent on this, as well as the inherent silliness and creativity. Everything is fitting in here, somehow, and besides some of the drums needing a little more clarity, this is great work. Fun and interesting stuff!

Yes

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR04246 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "I Can't Go On (I'll Goron)"