Sforzando issues (soundfonts)

I'm trying to write a song using a soundfont, but my go-to player (Sforzando) only seems to work if I have 1 track of a given soundfont going. It says error loading sfz if I try to use two tracks of the same collection at once, and although Fruity Soundfont Player seems to work, that is a demo and I don't want to put out cash if I don't have to. I've heard that Sforzando is the best free soundfont player, so surely there is something that can be done.

I'm trying to write a song using a soundfont, but my go-to player (Sforzando) only seems to work if I have 1 track of a given soundfont going. It says error loading sfz if I try to use two tracks of the same collection at once, and although Fruity Soundfont Player seems to work, that is a demo and I don't want to put out cash if I don't have to. I've heard that Sforzando is the best free soundfont player, so surely there is something that can be done.

I was waiting to see if someone could test with Sforzando in FL and give some input, but since they haven't, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

There aren't massive differences between the different sf2 players, although Sforzando is a bit of an odd duck in that it technically isn't an sf2 player at all--it's an SFZ player with an sf2->SFZ converter.  Jeskola and ShortCircuit (either version) are my go-to sf2 players.  Some people like Phenome but I find that it's more muted than the alternatives.

Well, there's sfz by Cakewalk and there's sforzando by Plogue. I'm guessing you're using the one by Plogue. I would try sfz instead. I just tried that on FL 11 and it worked with FluidR3 on PR32 mode. It's also a very simple interface. Load a patch, set the sound quality (Draft, Good, etc), and that's basically it. You don't get an ADSR envelope though, unlike with FL's soundfont player.