Break Tweeker

@mattmatrice I've got it, haven't used it for anything yet... it makes micro-edits & FX extremely easy, but my main complaint is that the library is loop-heavy - you DO get a kit version of the individual sounds used in the loop variations, but you can't trigger the micro-edits & FX dynamically - you have to edit the overall pattern. I personally would prefer a solution that lets me build a pattern within my DAW, as opposed to within the tool, so I wish that the micro-edits & FX could be queued up dynamically.

If you're interested in glitching/drums, I'd personally recommend a combination of something like Battery 4 - which has a huge library of usable kits - with a dedicated glitch plugin like dBlue or iZotope's own StutterEdit. StutterEdit + Battery 4 to me is a more compelling toolset than Breaktweaker, because there's more variety, you can do things YOUR way, but the (often tedious) process of manipulation/tweaking is made easier & more accessible by StutterEdit.

Hope that makes sense.

@djpretzel Awesome, thanks for the advice. And yes I agree I would rather work within the DAW than the tool. 

I watched a tutorial on it and it looked alright, however it didn't have all the features I wanted. I'll check out battery 4 for sure. 

Break Tweaker is on sale for the holidays for 99$, (even though you have yet to use it) do you think it would be worth the price? Thanks! 

For the expanded edition, $99 is a fair price... but it's only a good deal relative to other software you might buy if both of the following are true:

1. You make music primarily in genres that will benefit from beat mangling & the types of microedits/fx that the tool is capable of and...
  2. You will take the time to learn it, even if that means building beats within the plugin (instead of your DAW)...

The first is a question that speaks to the type of music you wanna make, the second is more about how likely you think you'll be to learn the tool and incorporate it into your workflow. It's not for everyone, and it's not a must-have plugin, but it can be fun if you're primarily shooting for interesting beat work and don't mind adapting to how it does things.