Ami (3/4 Cover)

Oneiric

It's a nice track, and seems to work well in 3/4. For improvement, I'd look into the note velocities to make sure the tracks enter smoothly and that the entrance of a new part, be it strings or just piano bit, is nice and smooth (or nice and dramatic, where appropriate). This sounds more sequenced than performed. if performed, you might want to look into how responsive your piano instrument is to different velocities as well as not quantize it so aggressively. If sequenced, you might want to humanize it more (and I mean humanize, not just subtly randomize). Cool stuff, keep at it.

Thanks for the feedback! I actually recorded this before I was actually very familiar with the concept of velocity, having worked mostly with less organic sounds previously. I wasn't sure if I wanted to rework the track with a more humanized feel. I'm actually very fond of this track now though so I'll probably go back and do that at some point in the near future, as well as giving it a better production overall, and possibly trying to change up the instrumentation slightly to further differentiate it from the original.

Again, thanks!