Wolfenstein 3D. Wondering About the Loved Ones.

khvn

Yo everybody,

This is my first OC-remix ever and I'd love to receive some feedback an criticism from you.

This is a re-arrangement and somewhat a re-view of Bobby Prince's amazing "Wondering About my Loved Ones" tune from Wolf3D soundtrack.

http://ifolder.ru/1547832

I'm looking forward for criticism and suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Disclaimer: I'm not familiar with the source tune.

I can't believe how quiet this is considering how many instruments are playing! Sounds like you've got piano, pizzicato something and some kind of weird gated string instrument going, so you should have a nice thick layer of sounds... but you don't. Try gaining and/or compressing the instruments you want to be most audible (the piano, for example).

The strings that come in at 0:32 are very thin. I'd try doubling them up (at least), and/or considering applying chorus/reverb to thicken them up. When the beat comes in at 1:04, it's very anticlimactic! I'd recommend dropping most instruments except for, say, some tremolo strings and then get a nice drum fill in there to make it interesting before the song starts up again.

The transition at 2:08 is pretty weak too. Maybe some orchestral hits? The drums aren't doing much there; they could beef up that transition.

Overall to me this is too repetitive and uninteresting. Are you going for a straight orchestral song? If not, considering adding some new sounds, perhaps some guitar or synths?

Hope that helps :)