ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on patreon

Sponsors: Bart Verbeek, Cynical Brit, Matt (aka Antidragon), Michael Beauchamp, Wesley "Bahamut" Cho.. + hundreds of supporters! Thanks!!

Old 11-04-2004, 01:36 AM
Banned
Alex Kidd (+1850)

Send a message via ICQ to Wallace Guyford Send a message via AIM to Wallace Guyford Send a message via MSN to Wallace Guyford Send a message via Yahoo to Wallace Guyford
When I first heard this, I was kind of unimpressed and I and I almost deleted it, but I am not sure why I didn't.
But I am sure glad I didn't. This, like many of my favorite tracks, took more than a first impression for me to fall in love with it. Once I listened to it more, it grew on me, and I realized that the different, more minimalist tone was not a fault.
I like to listen to this mostly when I am drifting off to sleep, and it's very moving. Especially at 1:13 all the way to 2:00, and then at 2:59 to 3:13 it just gives me a very serene feeling and I envision the most beautiful things. It gives me a feeling not unlike the kind you have when you are looking at someone you have a crush on. A feeling of longing and admiration, of utmost beauty.
It's very smooth, mellow, peaceful and dreamy, and that doesn't make it bad. I love that it's more minimalistic, I love the chords that drift in and out like gentle waves. Remarkable work. Great job. I recommend you listen to it a bit more and try to be detached from other things when you do if you did not like it at first.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Octorok (+200)

Send a message via AIM to Angelus Laminarum
This is truly beautiful, Nigel. I love the epic feel to this entire piece. There is a sense of nature, almost, within this. The song would fit perfectly to wandering through a lush forest, peaceful, yet grand. Powerful... yet tender.

Not to mention that it loops flawlessly. Put the song to be the only one on the list, and set your player to repeat. It's just... wow...

Awesome job, Mr. Simmons.

P.S. I'm now a Red Mage. Better than an Eggplant Wizard, anyday.

Courtesy of Joyzilla.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:44 AM
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Hey, thanks a lot! I don't know if you'll ever see this, but hey. :D
Old 09-24-2005, 04:32 AM
Mother Brain (+4000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Simmons
Hey, thanks a lot! I don't know if you'll ever see this, but hey. :D
Bumped it for you

Excellent song btw. I was moved by it also..it could have fit in a movie soundtrack anyday.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:19 AM
Dark Force (+9000)

Agrees with pretzel and Rimfrost, this can as easy as pie be the music to the movie of this game. This is a majestic piece, the strings and flutes goes up and down like a wave, and gets continuously pushed up by the have drums and cymbals. I'm very familiar with the melody, it does sound good in orchestral form.

This is gold.

Sig_Shoppe
Old 04-18-2006, 01:09 AM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Send a message via AIM to Kozmo
Beautiful. Epic. I could listen to this song forever. It has the power to conjure such images and the momentum carries me away everytime i listen to it. Immpeccably made. I am very fond of the strings, especially when there is a simple chord between a lower sound and an upper sound. Extremely impressive, Nigel.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Abobo (+600)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummerdude View Post
Agrees with pretzel and Rimfrost, this can as easy as pie be the music to the movie of this game.
Agreed. This is worthy of being on the big screen, and I can't believe this mix has been hidden away in the archives of OCR for so long.

Very calming, peaceful, deep and complicated, sweepingly majestic, very awesome and a must download. Awesome indeed.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Andrew Luers, Judge, Unsung Heroes Director
Big Boss (+6000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Really really nice- beautiful swells and a great atmosphere. Some of the transitions were well thought out, but not 100% executed cleanly, but it's a fantastic piece regardless. The arrangement itself is pretty subtle, but definitely lends a lot of emotion to the original.

Strongly Recommended.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:49 PM

A really beautiful piece of music. It gives an air of an epic story being told. During the swells, it really captures the senses. This is my personal favorite song on this website. Bravo Nigel Simmons. Bravo.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:23 AM
Larry Oji, Community Manager, Moderator, Judge
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Still a very nice listen after all these years. Very chill; great energy here. The resolution was too sudden, but other than that, I'd love to hear this performed live, that's for sure. Nigel's got great material, both arrangements and originals.

Tags
brass, cinematic, classical, orchestral, strings