Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Fan Art Tribute

GBK666

GA_HQ-SF-Tribute-Banner-by-Cepillo16.jpg

Believe it or not..but Music Albums arent the only thing fans can do

;-)

Here you can visit the SF 25th Anniversary Art Tribute

As the founder of Game Art HQ.Com and strongly inspirated by the Overclocked Remix Community and their dedication to produce wonderful vgm arrangement albums i am proud to show you the Fan Art Project for the 25th Anniversary of the Street Fighter Series which saw its first release in august 1987....a long time and nearly 100 characters were created for the series...including the SFEX ones.

Nearly all of these characters from SF I up to Poison from SFXT were drawn by 2 different artists already, only in a few cases the artists are still working on them. There are also 2 redesign series and images which show battles like betwen Adon and Sagat, Ryu and Ken, M.Bison & Chun Li and more.

All in all over 200 artists participated...and are still participating in this project,

SF rules and so does fan art, be it in visual or in audio form

Greets everyone and happy easter days

gbk

• 1 month later...

Heya DJPretzel!

Guess whose website actually inspired me to create Game Art HQ and the Fan Art Projects :-)

To work with OCR sometimes for the benefit of the involved artists was a thought i offered here somewhen last year in a thread where i introduced game art hq and i hope that we can see one or another cooperation in the future

While GA-HQ is different in its structure from OCR the fan art projects are relative similar created

I am reaching thousands of artists and am sure there are always some who would love to help with cover and related artworks for an upcoming Album

Currently there are Final Fantasy I and Castlevania Series Art Projects in the making

Also Tributes for Mortal Kombat I, Tekken I, and a very big Art Tribute to MegaMan I which celebrates its 25th Anniversary this year in December, most likely it will partially done in cooperation with Capcom with more than just cross promoting as done for the SF Tribute

Beside that, big Kudos to you Pretzel, you build up one of the most interesting Websites in the whole Net for me and i hope i can jump into your big footsteps with GAHQ sooner or later.

Greets, Ray

I think even on a smaller/individual basis there could be some cool collabs between music and visual artists. There are many here on OCR with their own Youtube channels, websites etc. and so need some kind of cover art for either individual tracks or collections. Think of it as a mutual pimping. Not only do you get to look at some great art work, but also hear some cool musics whilst you do.

Perhaps, a means of bridging the gap in getting artists to communicate is to have a sticky topic in one of the forums (recruitment?) with contacts for artists that are wanting to collab with someone here. I'm sure you guys are just like many of us on OCR who are looking for practise as well as to share and express their art to someone.

In response though to your opening post, the art is really kickass. It's great to see appreciation for games in another medium.

Did any of these artists put pieces in for the official SF25th Art Tribute hosted by Capcom? Have any of these people received word that they're in the artbook? It'd be really cool to know, just so I could get a sneak peek at what's to come.

I really liked a lot of the art in that tribute. I used Kurasato's Fei Long art for a while on my Facebook page while I was reppin' Fei in the WWRR. A lot of really awesome pieces on that site of yours.

Did any of these artists put pieces in for the official SF25th Art Tribute hosted by Capcom? Have any of these people received word that their in the artbook? It'd be really cool to know, just so I could get a sneak peek at what's to come.

I really liked a lot of the art in that tribute. I used Kurasato's Fei Long art for a while on my Facebook page while I was reppin' Fei in the WWRR. A lot of really awesome pieces on that site of yours.

Hi, yes i know about at least a handful of artworks which were first made for the Game Art HQ Fan Project and than...after i promoted the official capcom project around 10 artists submitted their ga-hq works to the official one

Chosen for sure are the 2nd Sodom http://www.game-art-hq.com/the-street-fighter-tribute-sodom/ , the first Q one http://www.game-art-hq.com/the-street-fighter-tribute-q/ was chosen as well, i forgot about the other ones and didnt make any notes

I have seen over 30 of the pieces which are in the official art book however since they were also uploaded to deviantart and must say i was not impressed..its of course totally opinion based but the most of them are quite boring and more or less the same as hwat was drawn for the udon sf tribute artbooks. I saw that a lot of them were drawn by artists which have not one game related or sf related fan art in their dA galleries, they draw them most likely to get more publicity. The quality is alright but the outcome pretty "soulless" ..in my opinion.

The Ga-HQ sf tribute is still not complete, there are around 15 more pieces coming, some for SF 1 versions of the characters like Ryu, Ken and Birdie, some about fights and crossovers like X-Men vs SF

SF EX also got a group entry now with this one which is not yet published on my site. It was actually send to capcom first but had no chance since the SFEX characters are not copyrighted by Capcom. I asked the artist about submitting it to our tribute and he loved the idea

street_fighter_tribute_by_geehale-d50ve92.png