Old 03-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Eggplant Wizard (+300)

If there's one thing I can say about A Flea and His Giant, it's this: DAT DRIVING BASSLINE. That song is so fucking awesome. Wish I discovered this guy earlier.

This album has a lot of rock songs, and I love that! This is definitely one of my favorite albums on OCRemix
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:06 AM
karl
Abobo (+600)

Congratulations guys on a staggeringly awesome album.
This album took me 2 days to listen to due to so many songs.

First of all i gotta agree with kyle below about Cyril the wolf in crushing gravity, dude i gotta say when i heard that scream, it blew me out of my chair, i was stunned, well done sir.

There's many great songs from this album but the greatest thing about this album is that it includes remixers who don't seem to have any posted remixes on OCR, such as BONKERS, ergosonic and M-H who i know from DoD, as well as those who seem to be newcomers such as washudoll, krow, brandon snell and devastus.

As for the use of soundclips, i personally feel they add to the songs
This albums greatest achievement however is bringing the plaid muffins back together, guys you don't realize how additive that song is, i end up randomly singing it at work.

All in all a great album all round, so great that it makes me want to go through the entire series, to experience it myself, and to me that is a mark of a truly inspiring remix album.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:17 AM
Peter
Eggplant Wizard (+300)

Hmmm, It didn't feel as good to me as most of the other albums on this site to me. It felt almost empty on some of it for me, even. I don't know why. There are some great tracks on it, though. I look forward to the next album.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:11 PM
karl
Abobo (+600)

Wesley Cho ‏ @BahamutWC
"@KinuyoYamashita Hey, I directed a Mega Man X series tribute album which includes X3 music that I think you'd enjoy! http://maverick.ocremix.org/"

Kinuyo Yamashita山下絹代 ‏ @KinuyoYamashita
"@BahamutWC I really enjoyed it."

Right there is the composer to Megaman X3 as well as a few other games approving of this album, you can't do much better then that.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Robert Turner
Eggplant Wizard (+300)

An insane soundtrack, with awesome sounds. Well done! But there is enough here to keep even old fans busy with playlists. =D Nice
Old 04-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Charles Koch
Link (+1900)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

This is easily my favorite OCR album (though I do have significant bias, Mega Man X is my all-time favorite series). So many good songs and a few tracks that are unexpectedly awesome despite my dislike of some source tracks.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:46 AM
Adriel Bruno

Send a message via MSN to Adriel_Trigger
Thanks a lot for this masterpiece

I almost couldn't believe when I looked through the playlist at the project's website. I think that all the remixes I've been waiting for showed up in this album. I'm freaking out with each tune, man. The songs are really epic, and I'm really grateful to you guys, who worked to create this. As a Mega Man X fan, I'm really happy I can listen to such quality music based on a part of my culture. Thank you guys from OC Remix, and thanks to Capcom as well, despite they abbandoned the franchise and left the fans with nothing but reasons to lose the hope on seeing/controlling Mega Man in new and nice titles.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Matthew V. Harrison

Just downloaded, and wow this is an incredible collection of arrangements. Near perfection... like 99.9999%. I can't say 100 because Toxic Seahorse's theme from X3 wasn't included!

Army Musician
Clarinet/Saxophone/Percussion
Old 06-05-2012, 01:11 AM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Send a message via AIM to Jondy
Oh, my, god, Iron Will March, is so amazing.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:23 AM
Wesley Cho, Moderator, Maverick Rising/Serious Monkey Business Director
Sheng Long (+10000)

Thanks everyone for the comments so far! I read them every now and then , and appreciate them greatly (even any negative commentary).

Here's a little random tidbit - the name of the album Maverick Rising came out of me recalling the Judas Priest song Judas Rising, and just the thought of a maverick assault rampaging through made Maverick Rising such a natural name to me.