FL Studio and MIDI Controller Questions

Earlier this year, I finally bought something I could use as a proper MIDI keyboard for FL Studio when I wanted to use one. I got me a Roland SK88 with pitch bend, modulation and an assignable slider to it as I've never owned something that had that before. With some considerable difficulty, I got it to work back and forth through MIDI.

Now the question I have is - how do I get it to record the MIDI information for bending the pitch and modulating it as I play? I got it to record the MIDI notes onto the piano roll, but why can't I get it record it when I'm bending the pitch or applying modulation?

I'm not a skilled keyboard player, so I can't just record an awesome performance WAV with everything I want to do in it and call it good, I need to be able to work with the notes and stuff painted and programmed into FL Studio, but the pitch bend and modulation I wanted to make it quicker and more efficient and I was sure FL Studio had the functioning to let me be able to record bending the pitch and modulation like that.

Am I just doing something wrong or what's the score on that?

Does assigning the pitch wheel or modwheel even get past the "Remote control settings" window? If so, you should just be able to press Record, go for "Everything", and go record.

What happens when you try to link the modwheel to CC#1? Do you roll the modwheel and see a small ModDepth window (with the 2D ring) on the bottom left and a "Remote control settings" window in the middle, but it doesn't go any further than that or assign the modwheel? If so, try enabling AutoDetect.

Edited by timaeus222

If that's the case, then it didn't record at all. If your wheels are giving you an "I'm-connected" flashing icon on the upper left of the screen, if you saw the "Remote control settings" window, moved the wheel, and the window disappeared, then the wheel should be working.

When you press Record, it should ask you to choose what you want to record. When you select Everything, it should work out then. (I'm not at my computer either)

Later, check these:

https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/img_shot/settings_system_midi.png (Options > MIDI Settings)

https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/img_shot/midi_activity.jpg

Auto accept controller - Used when linking controller knobs/sliders to FL Studio and plugins. When selected, the MIDI Remote Control pop-up will close as soon as you tweak (move) the control on your external MIDI device and the link will be made. If this option is deselected, you will need to click the OK button on MIDI Remote Control pop-up to accept the controller link and then close the box.
Edited by timaeus222

• 2 months later...