Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-23-2007, 12:13 AM
Synth Synth is offline
Mega Man (+1000)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
MIDI Keybored Sustain

So, everyone knows that you can't use a sustain pedal in Fl with a midi controller by defualt. My susain pedal is midi enabled. Is there a certain sustain peramater I can link it to to enbale sustain?

I once linked it to the Sustain in the ADSR filter in the fl soundfont player. But once I release my pedal, the sound keeps on going, so that dose not work.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
  #2  
Old 02-23-2007, 12:21 AM
OverCoat's Avatar
OverCoat OverCoat is offline
Scott Porter
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth View Post
So, everyone knows that you can't use a sustain pedal in Fl with a midi controller by defualt.
What? No...

I found a generic [but Italian-made!] keyboard sustain pedal at a thrift store for $5 and hooked it up to my keyboard, and it worked instantly, I didn't need to change anything.

Looking at the MIDI options though, now. Hit F10, and check off "Support hold and sustenuto"

Easy!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-23-2007, 12:51 AM
Souliarc's Avatar
Souliarc Souliarc is offline
Travis Petty
Raccoon Mario (+1450)
OC ReMix Artist Profile
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA
MIDI CC 64 is usually the CC for the sustain pedal, with 65-69 being different variations of sustain.

I don't know much about FL Studio though, and how to change parameters :o
__________________

Click my sig for some free musicks =D
"If you want your dreams to come true, you mustn't oversleep."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-23-2007, 01:18 AM
Synth Synth is offline
Mega Man (+1000)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverCoat View Post
What? No...

I found a generic [but Italian-made!] keyboard sustain pedal at a thrift store for $5 and hooked it up to my keyboard, and it worked instantly, I didn't need to change anything.

Looking at the MIDI options though, now. Hit F10, and check off "Support hold and sustenuto"

Easy!
WHoa thanks! Quite a few people told me it wasnt possible a few years back. Is this a new feature?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-23-2007, 03:13 AM
OverCoat's Avatar
OverCoat OverCoat is offline
Scott Porter
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth View Post
WHoa thanks! Quite a few people told me it wasnt possible a few years back. Is this a new feature?
No? All the sustain pedal does is hold the noteoff until you let your foot go.

It doesn't seem like something software would particularly notice.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.