Composers needed...

Magma

Yes, this is my first post. But hear me out.

My name is Magma. Please hear me out. Recently, at GameFAQs, on the Phantom Hourglass board, I posted a game idea I had that would be the true sequel to Wind Waker, and complete the trilogy. The name of the game was The Legend of Zelda: Forgotten Phoenix. It was just a little project I had going for a diversion to keep me entertained during Christmas break.

You can see my posts here. Please give them a read at least:

http://www.freewebs.com/lozfp/originalgamefaqsposts.htm

You'll have to forgive the website design. It's in its preliminary stages.

Anyway, I was contacted by a fan game programmer who was very interested in making the game. Apparently, he has all the tools and skills necessary to program it. It would work on the computer or the Wii. It will be well-made, perhaps only a small quality dip from a regular Nintendo game.

I set to scout for possible candidates to help work on the game. My first stop on OCRemix was to look for people who could possibly compose the game's music. While there will be some remixes of classic Zelda tunes, much of the music would be original. Creative muscle, anyone?

Please at least give us some consideration. We don't expect you to help us, but there's always that chance. I thought this would be the best place to ask. Thank you for your time.

And sorry, mods, if I've violated any rules.

Somewhat interesting concept, but I recommend waiting until you've got more progress with the project before recruiting musicians. Before the gameplay programming is done, you probably won't even need graphics, much less music.

Some ppl come by to get musicians because they think music at an early stage makes their game look more professional. Gameplay screenshots, gameplay movies, that's professional. And it helps the musicians know what they're writing for. Before you can provide those, you can't really say you're much different from the wannabe developers that come by and want to beef up their never-gonna-be-completed "game".

So, more show. That way, us remixers won't get too disappointed if this is never completed.

Good point, Rozovian. So, at what point do you think I should post music? The only reason I posted it so early in development is because I had the impression that creating music takes an ungodly amount of time (no offense).

Its not something that can be done overnight, but you will have a very hard time convincing composers to write music for something that doesn't really exist at the moment.

Personally, I make a note to ignore all requests for games unless they have at least a small playable demo, or some convincing screenshots, otherwise your just shooting in the dark. Wait until you have more to show and then come back.

Its not something that can be done overnight, but you will have a very hard time convincing composers to write music for something that doesn't really exist at the moment.

Personally, I make a note to ignore all requests for games unless they have at least a small playable demo, or some convincing screenshots, otherwise your just shooting in the dark. Wait until you have more to show and then come back.

QFE.

IMO the best time to ask for music is when you can provide a working demo that includes sections of all the playable areas in the game, as well as any and all cut-scenes. That way a composer can get a feel for all of the different kinds of music needed.

Unless the music is really integral to the gameplay itself, you don't need music until most of the game is already done.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol...

A friend of mine is also working on a sequel to Wind Waker, though his ideas for it are a bit...strange. But good.

Anyways, I'd like to help you out, but I'm full up as it is. I've got 2 projects I'm doing for friends and 2 I'm being paid for. It's hard to please everyone, especially when you're a composer. x.x

Anyways, good luck with your game.