Yasunori Mitsuda interview @ 1up.com

Piracy

zomg you mean he didn't mention how much he liked the radical dreamers project!!!???

Pretty interesting interview; I actually think he works best when his setup is stripped down. Compare his upcoming track from Gaia where it's all mid-level sounding synths to the pretty sleep-inducing Xenosaga 1 soundtrack which had a full orchestra.

I think that if he was going to use an actual orchestra, he shouldn't use it as a crutch, and still have interesting songs.

Yasunori Mitsuda is someone i want to meet someday...

Things to Do Before I Die:

15.) Meet Yasunori Mitsuda, Shake his Hand & Get his Autograph - DONE

67.) Hear Chrono Trigger/Cross Music on Live Orchestra - DONE

173.) Live to Experience Next Chrono Trigger sequel - IN PROGRESS

You guys need to watch the video that accompanies the interview, too. It's over at GameVideos. Videos shows his studio and Mr. Mitsuda playing what I believe is a mandolin. Love the background music of the video...from the game Shadow Hearts II..."Town of Twilight", one of his compositions. One of my favorite tracks, actually.

15.) Meet Yasunori Mitsuda, Shake his Hand & Get his Autograph - DONE

I hate you so much right now.

Though in all honesty, I think Mitsuda's well past his peak. The xenogears OST was in my opinion the best game soundtrack to date; nothing else has come close. But I've found most of Mitsuda's work since then to be quite dull.

I hate you so much right now.

Though in all honesty, I think Mitsuda's well past his peak. The xenogears OST was in my opinion the best game soundtrack to date; nothing else has come close. But I've found most of Mitsuda's work since then to be quite dull.

Shadow Hearts 2, nuff said. That was NOT dull in any way even though he didn't do the whole thing.

I spent about 8 hours playing Luminous Arc this past weekend and there are some real gems in there too.

I actually didn't know that he has composed the music until I went looking for a soundtrack. The menu screen and the music box "learn about your homies" tracks are my favorites thus far.

Perhaps a Mitsuda renaissance is upon us?

I spent about 8 hours playing Luminous Arc this past weekend and there are some real gems in there too.

I actually didn't know that he has composed the music until I went looking for a soundtrack. The menu screen and the music box "learn about your homies" tracks are my favorites thus far.

Perhaps a Mitsuda renaissance is upon us?

ooh, luminous arc! is it fun? I've been eyeing it for quite some time and if the soundtrack is kick-ass, I really need to get it.

and yeah I'm thinking Mitsuda is still great

ooh, luminous arc! is it fun? I've been eyeing it for quite some time and if the soundtrack is kick-ass, I really need to get it.

and yeah I'm thinking Mitsuda is still great

I'm having a great time with it; it's pretty standard SRPG but good voice acting, excellent art, and the music is superb.

However, after doing some research, it looks like Mitsuda only did a track or two and Akari Kaida did most of the heavy lifting on the soundtrack. When my cd arrives i'll probably know exactly who wrote what in it.

Regardless, the music is excellent. I'd say go for it.