Sparkman Remix (Megaman 3)

humanoideric

I'd say this is definitely not ready for submission. It sounds too much like a midi and the original work. EQings not that great either. A really easy way to get rid of the midi-ness is to replace the sounds your using with real samples. Branch out and make up your own stuff based on the source. The SFX and voice stuff is a good idea but you may have gone overboard with it. Right at the end it sounded like you were gonna do some of your own stuff but then it ended. Needs a lot of work before it can be submission worthy.

There is a weird-annoying sound at 0:03 which didn't fit well, in addition of being too loud. The piano at 0:17 is too dry and unnatural. Cool usage of night sounds in the extreme right, but the intense overuse of SFX gets extremely boring and irritating; especially that modulated-worm sound which unfortunately happens to appear in 0:32 and 1:16.

Perhaps it can sounds better if you pitchs down the bassline eventually. Also the drum beat doesn't change its sequencing; vary it up and then, it will be less repetitive. Your track is full of sound effects, but lacks in instruments. Fill these spaces with more samples going on. Do not let it empty, give it life.

It's a bit short. I think you can improve it by doing it wider and adding new ideas of your own. Not a bad song. You are in the right way to make cool things. Keep working and you will surely go far.

Ookay... This is weird. Some simple synths, some really cool ones. The blend of those makes it sound really unprofessional. The loads of sound effects in the background don't really improve this much, they're just distracting. It's also too repetitive.

Mixing stuff up more with original takes on the source music, like deriving a lead melody from the bass or the other way around is something you should try. Taking the melody from the piano to something else at some point would be good.

Messing with the drum loop would be nice too, some cuts and reverse effects, bitcrushed sections and heavily cut off bits and peices. Cut it right and you'll have a rhythm change, which wills eriously diminish the repetition problem.

But this isn't too bad. Some tweaks and arrangement work, and you could have something really cool.

ok, i'll do it...

this is your first mix so i'll be gentle in my calling of bullshit.

what you have here is a blatant disregard for the remix submission rules that you may or may not have read. sans the extra drumbeats this is just the sparkman MIDI that can be found almost anywhere on the net. you CANNOT submit this.

now to tell you the truth for a first attept, i like the sound and i think once you figue out how your music software works you'll be good, but don't try and submit MIDIs meshed with FL or ACID beats cuz it's not gonna fly.

and it's plagerism.