I need some perspective on this.... really really... badly...

just read and fallow on, you see where i'm coming at once your about half way trough, i just need someone to put this in a much better perspective than me, but read the entire thing first,I take this pretty seriously, it is the way i make my music.

anyway, the first,

http://download.yousendit.com/EFF0FFDE2C0EB9B4

This i a simple whole note going from C3, to A2 (I think, I did this in a couple seconds. xD)

The tempo is about 70-73, the instrument thats playing it?, shit man, fuck if I knew.

anyways, heres the same exact thing, just with the instrument changed to a piano.

http://download.yousendit.com/FEE6690C43D74FF6

Same notes?, nah, the first one has a quality to it that many many "Preset and Sampled" pads and synths have, that "chill out, snowbound, surreal, dissonant yet not dissonant" feel to it.

I'm sick of using presets, i'm never satisfied, how do i make these sounds?

http://download.yousendit.com/BA773A140205FB8D

It's a single unprocessed part of the terra remix i posted some time back, only with one instrument going and no effects pan etc...

Ok, everyone tells me the 4th part sounds weird, and i'm like the only one that think it works flawless. :S, it only gives me the effect when this instrument is playing it though, I can't play certain notes that are needed to be there because that would require a new instrument all together that would interfear with it and make it sound "normal", but i don't want normal, i want what i wantz and i want it the whole way. no bad stuff.

and the last and final thing i found strange...

http://download.yousendit.com/4BEC1EDD06B7C112

i always loved this peice, so I slowed it down to show people in detail exactly what I'm likeing about it, there are alot more things i'm hearing that don't become absolutely clear unless i slow the wave file down, but you should hear it clearly when the fifth saw wave comes in, best way I can describe it is a howling sound. , yet again, just another note i cannot find on the damn keyboard! :( I would LOVe to use that sound in the same style of music.

There are also things I swear I heard when the file was speed up, but when i slowed it down, those sounds were not present, thankfully though, i did managed to replicate the exact sound, though, it is not in the same "rhythum", it is the EXACT sound.

http://download.yousendit.com/745070353311D6EC

It's that crazy sound, not the sound in the backround, but the most present sound.

Here is the very original file if you want to listen for refrence...

http://download.yousendit.com/CD8B25E90F3A51E4

Please tell me the things i need to know, because it's this type of stuff inspires my music the most. thats why my music sounds bizzare to alot of people because i just havn't gotten properly equipped.

that file, egyption synthetic, it seems that I'm the only one who can really listen to it for what it really is, the synths have a rhythum that isn't really there, it's hard to explain, the techno lead that comes in at the start, blends in with the 5th sawave to create a new instrument all together, and that "insanity sound" is also present, but it has a good rhythum, and the synth that is playing 4 whole notes in the backround also has a very very sexy rhythum, but nope, none of it actually exists. :( I know this because the rhythum is not there anymore when i solo it. the same goes for every other instrument.

the song is a good example, though, it isn't anything i would listen to because it dosn't fall into my style, so ideas don't come... ideas i like anyways.

best way i can some up egyption synthetic is that it blends things that aren't present, with things that are present, to create a whole new thing, and this just dosn't apply to single tracks, the entire song as a whole, its not like music, but something else that invokes new emotions. >_> all i have to do, is bring my mind to yours.

if i could play "my instrument", without using samples that play the same damn thing over and over and have the knowledge to take what i'm hearing inside my head and put it into real 3, I would eventually spit out something half decent for a change. I cannot complete any of my music because I don't know how to draw music. -_- something like that, all the songs i post do not represent the original idea, emotion, or any of that.

Big question. I'll help with the first part of it.

Synths are a combination of different simple waves and some effects. These effects and waves can be controlled by different parameters. The ADSR envelope is one of those, it controls the volume.

Imagine a sine wave and a triangle wave. Sine is soft, triangle is sharp. Imagine an ADSR that controls the mix between these: it starts with the triangle wave, but fades into the sine wave. That's essentially what you have here. Essentially.

That's when the effect is a "mix". Other effects can be cutoff, volume, pitch, resonance, overdrive, pan, etc.. Effects can also be controlled by an LFO (low frequency oscillator, by modulation) instead of envelope, or controlled by both. Depending on the synths you use, you may or may not be able to do this.

With a number of effects controlled by different parameters, you can come up with loads of different sounds. Google is your friend, google synthesis, synth tutorial, synth manual, see what you can coem up with.

Good luck!

Yup, I can't listen to these things but there are a lot of things that can be automated to get almost unexplainable sounds, some things react oddly when automated in a certain way with others, then you get into options like pulsewidth, FM, ring, Sync, not to mention all of the filter options. Mod envelopes are your best friend, but they can be crazy evil when you're trying to get a certain sound. Oh, and just so you know, it's spelt: rhythm; looks funny, but that's just the way it is.

Protip 1): convert your .wav files to .mp3 files with RazorLAME

Protip 2): put all of these in one single .zip file and number them, it's a lot more convenient.

I'm sick of using presets, i'm never satisfied, how do i make these sounds?

The first sound was not a single sound like the piano is; it's a layer cake of several sounds; a few of 'm are detuned to -5 or +7 semitones.

Ok, everyone tells me the 4th part sounds weird, and i'm like the only one that think it works flawless.

It does, but that's not a crime; better would've been an E-D-E-D B-A-B-A progression since the sound is a fifth of itself already.

yet again, just another note i cannot find on the damn keyboard! :(

And this is why theory is important, it cuts down down on the hunting and pecking.

Please tell me the things i need to know, because it's this type of stuff inspires my music the most.

The lazy route: Spectrasonics Atmosphere.

The busy route: start resampling.

thats why my music sounds bizzare to alot of people because i just havn't gotten properly equipped.

That's not it. It sounds weird because the Egyption mp3 demos are completely dry - without any effects - and the sounds lack balance. It's like they're all trying to be equally loud. Dynamics - it's not only just plonking a compressor on something, it's also playing instruments with different volumes. Try to keep the velocities variable instead of all cranked up to 127.

Protip 1): convert your .wav files to .mp3 files with RazorLAME

Protip 2): put all of these in one single .zip file and number them, it's a lot more convenient.

The first sound was not a single sound like the piano is; it's a layer cake of several sounds; a few of 'm are detuned to -5 or +7 semitones.

It does, but that's not a crime; better would've been an E-D-E-D B-A-B-A progression since the sound is a fifth of itself already.

And this is why theory is important, it cuts down down on the hunting and pecking.

The lazy route: Spectrasonics Atmosphere.

The busy route: start resampling.

That's not it. It sounds weird because the Egyption mp3 demos are completely dry - without any effects - and the sounds lack balance. It's like they're all trying to be equally loud. Dynamics - it's not only just plonking a compressor on something, it's also playing instruments with different volumes. Try to keep the velocities variable instead of all cranked up to 127.

how would i make the progression be the start of the song? I want it to sound like it's starting, and then when the 4th part comes in, it does not give any direction as too where the song is going, instead an instrument playing above it will give the song as a whole direction.