Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

purplecowadoom

Songs to be remixed: Molgera, Helmaroc King (Separately, not spliced together, although come to think of it given the right talents that might actually sound good)

Reason: Music like this doesn't need one.

Genre: I've always been a techno/orchestral guy and I think that pretty much fits with these songs, but that's just me.

• 2 weeks later...

Why exactly is having a lot of posts a bad thing. It just means that I have a lot of songs I'd like to see remixed with no way of remixing them myself as I am short on cash. If you don't like it, ignore it. If you can that is. The fact that you guys have made posts in this thread indicates that you could not simply ignore it. Ipso facto, my plan worked. How do you like having your mind controlled buddy?

On a side note: Why not remix the songs instead of spending your time flaming me!

I have a list of tracks I'm wanting to remix, the Molgera track being one of them since long before you brought it up. However, this isn't helping. The threads become less about the tracks and more about you. You're not getting results that way.

As for the side note, this isn't flaming. Flaming is when you're getting personal attacks meant to insult you. This is constructive criticism. Being persistant without being annoying is how you get results. Do you want the tracks remixed? Stop bumping and become a more constructive part of the community by reviewing ReMixes, WiPs, providing links to source instead of just listing tracks you like and bumping your post before it's even half way down the page. Seriously man, do you think this is helping you get your favourites remixed?

It only became about me because you guys made it about me by getting on my case! By the way, the only real way to get involved in this 'community' as you call it is to remix songs, which I already said I can't do. Reviews aren't worth beans because people form their own opinions if they have any intelligence, and anything dealing with WiP stuff is either remix or graphic design work. Both of which I can't help with because the programs cost a bajillion dollars and I don't have money for that! Believe me, if I had the money for Photoshop CS, Illustrator, or Flash, I already would've started helping the site. I have the knowledge and skills needed to use the programs (I could use them at school), I just don't have them. Also, I have the source files for just about every song I have requested, I just don't know how to get them up here. I put my email address on one of my other threads. If you're somehow saying you want the source, I can ship it straight to you in an email. It's dpslegogamer@mindless.com.

First, I just want to say to everyone else: lay off. He's allowed to request whatever songs he wants. Stop your mini-modding.

As for purplecowdoom:

It only became about me because you guys made it about me by getting on my case! By the way, the only real way to get involved in this 'community' as you call it is to remix songs, which I already said I can't do. Reviews aren't worth beans because people form their own opinions if they have any intelligence, and anything dealing with WiP stuff is either remix or graphic design work. Both of which I can't help with because the programs cost a bajillion dollars and I don't have money for that! Believe me, if I had the money for Photoshop CS, Illustrator, or Flash, I already would've started helping the site. I have the knowledge and skills needed to use the programs (I could use them at school), I just don't have them. Also, I have the source files for just about every song I have requested, I just don't know how to get them up here. I put my email address on one of my other threads. If you're somehow saying you want the source, I can ship it straight to you in an email. It's dpslegogamer@mindless.com.

As an artist, let me tell you: reviews are certainly worth beans. I always appreciate when a listener takes the time to leave a few comments about my work, even if it's just as simple as, "That was pretty cool." Reviews are not really for recommending mixes to other people; they're for giving your opinion on the song to the artist.

Similarly, I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about when you say you need expensive programs to help with WiPs (especially concerning graphic design; I have no idea where that's coming form). All you need to help with WiPs is a pair of ears. You go to the WIP forum, listen to something someone is working on, and give them feedback/your opinion. That's all you have to do.

Anyway I just wanted to clear stuff up.

First off, thank you for the interjection, Darkesword. It helps a lot coming from someone with high status.

Now, an explanation of myself. The expensive program thing is for things like high quality CD covers (that is of course unless you want sprite art, in which case I suck very badly!). As for WiP's, I didn't know that commenting on the works in question counted as helping. Apparently it does though, so thank you for clarifying. Also, I totally forgot about the reviews from a standpoint of the remixer, so now I feel kinda stupid. Oh well.