Game Pops - a challenge to your video game music knowlegde

stevencoltrane

So...without hints I'm at 18 (36%). I was actually able to guess 22 based solely on the style of the first few seconds, and when the title didn't work by itself, I through a 2 in there for the win.

Edit: 27 with hints (54%). 36 annoys the crap out of me because I KNOW what it SOUNDS like, and the hint confirms it, but I got nothin'. :((

Also: Special thanks to starla for 48, and Garian for 42. COuldn't have done it without you guys!

Note: This is proof positive that I know more video game MUSIC than I do games themselves >_>

OK i managed to at least get it functional, though it's still horribly broken. on my first try without hints I got 36 (72% - Did you used to record game tunes...). There's a few that I know but I just can't recall the game.

What I got right:

2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,17,18,20,22,23,24,26,30,31,32,33,34,35,38,39,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49

What I done failed:

no. the applet seems to load, but it's just a white screen.. none of the buttons appear until you move your mouse over them, and typing in answers does absolutely nothing. and if you scroll up or down and back, the screen goes back to white again.

Another user reported exactly the same problem... :?

I was unable to reproduce it, but using another browser solved the issue for him. You didn't tell your what your JRE is, but probably installing a newer one could solve it, if you really want to go into the hassle... I use version 1.6.0_04 from Sun. The bytecode was compiled with version 1.4.2 and afterwards compatibility, though :-?

I know that Java isn't the most popular platform to do things like this (probably Flash is), but while I was motivated to create the game, I can't say the the same about learning Flash. :roll:

Fortunately most people are able to play it without major problems.

#1 isn't too hard if you've ever really played Nintendo games. Give you a hint, one of the regular posters here features the character from this game taking a walk in his sig.

PM me if you still don't get it.

#43 is also one that I know very well, and you should too if you keep up with recently remixed music. Well, relatively recently remixed music...

And interestingly enough, #47 is a game that I know as well, and I feel like everyone should give a try once in their lives. A hint is that it was a popular cartoon back in the early 90's.

Again, PM me if they drive you utterly mad.

Oh sure, now I find hints after I've already bruised my brain getting those three :lol:

44 now, with 1, 43 and 47 added. #35 is driving me nuts, as I'm almost certain that I own the game (or at least played it more than a few times), and the music has a style and sound that I usually link to a given system and company. But so far, nothing's clicked. So it's pretty much that one, and #2 (namely because I was sure it was from a certain series, but I've typed in all the games from that series on that system, and none were right).

• 4 months later...