OCR TF2 Team: Gametime 9 PM EST on OCR server MWF + some weekends

zircon

i love how much hp overcharges for their computers.

quad: 210$ retail, you can find them for as cheap as 190 if you don't get the new g0 stepping model...since most people don't even know what that means and as such will never notice the difference

ram: going expensive, about 60$ for ocz plat

hd dvd: they were on sale for like 10 bucks a while back, but who'd even want one? call it 50 bucks on ebay.

burner: 30$~

hd's: no one sells 360g drives, so two 500g drives is like 180 max.

vista: 90$

8500gt: a good one is like 70 bucks, but you can get them for as low as 45$. we'll call it 70, although you can get a good 8600gt for the same price and actually play modern games with it.

motherboard: a way better mobo than you'll get is like 100$ (asus p5n-e). the ones that hp puts in their computers are like 40 bucks if you actually purchased one like it. assuming it's the one i think it is, you can actually buy one for around 42$ through geeks.com, as of a month or two ago.

cheap case w/ bad psu like in the picture: 50$ or so.

hp media center remote: they couldn't pay me to use their crap, hp's optical stuff is worse than trash. never works from more than a foot or two away. it's not even a standard transmitter, it's infrared - and it's about as powerful as the old infrared transmitters on laptops.

total: w/ a better mobo by far, more hd space, better components as a whole, it's not quite 825$ not counting shipping.

kill the hd drive, spend some money on a graphics card, go with better ram, don't get a quad unless you are doing heavy video rendering with multithreading-optimized applications. still a rip, considering this is a used computer that's been 'recertified'.

I'm well aware that some of the parts suck, particularly on the case and RAM side. I stumbled upon this computer while I was pricing out my own components (although I was looking at a Wolfdale Dual-Core because Quad-Core is overkill for me).

I'll be honest, I never would have bought that system if it hadn't included the monitor as part of one of NewEgg's deals. I'm still using a CRT that has terrible glare.

Nope, I think Valve just fails at adequate back hit detection.

The problem is, it's not tied to what the client sees. The higher your interpolation settings are, the greater the discrepancy between what you see and what you get.

Like firing rockets, for example. If your cl_interp and cl_interp_ratio are left at their defaults, then there's a noticeable delay between clicking the fire button and actually firing the rocket. Set both to 0.1 and try it.

The problem is, it's not tied to what the client sees. The higher your interpolation settings are, the greater the discrepancy between what you see and what you get.

Like firing rockets, for example. If your cl_interp and cl_interp_ratio are left at their defaults, then there's a noticeable delay between clicking the fire button and actually firing the rocket. Set both to 0.1 and try it.

So what is a good setting then? Does this affect whether the server becomes a custom server or not?

whats the big deal its not like its a constant complaint or even something that the common person notices

i could just be saying this because when i think of input lag and the like i think of brawl

whats the big deal its not like its a constant complaint or even something that the common person notices

i could just be saying this because when i think of input lag and the like i think of brawl

As a sniper, let me assure you that it isn't so uncommon.

When you miss 40 rounds out of 200 with a minigun you might not notice, but when you miss insta-killing someone with every 5th fully-charged headshot... it's a little discouraging.

As a sniper, let me assure you that it isn't so uncommon.

When you miss 40 rounds out of 200 with a minigun you might not notice, but when you miss insta-killing someone with every 5th fully-charged headshot... it's a little discouraging.

Or, if you're like me, you miss every fully charged headshot with a sniper rifle. XD

...Granted around 95% of that is me just being a lousy sniper. The other 5% is hit detection to some degree. Like I could swear I have a perfect shot lined up and somehow it misses entirely or doesn't kill. *Shrugs*

STOP TALKING ABOUT ME WITH NO KNOWLEDGE

i ram memtest and my ram is fine

so the only explanation is that its some weird problem with my vid card (i put tf2 on the same settings that i ran it with my radeon 9200 for a week and it still happened)

im overnightin it to newegg tomorrow

Alright so I'm back. Thankfully, if I lost anything at Atlantic City, it was ~$5, and my parents actually won money for once!

So more to the point, I've noticed if I'm not around, there aren't admins around for a long period of time in the games. So my remedy for that is to select more admins! I'm not completely sure who'd be good picks yet, so don't get on my case to make you (reading this post) an admin.

So more to the point, I've noticed if I'm not around, there aren't admins around for a long period of time in the games. So my remedy for that is to select more admins! I'm not completely sure who'd be good picks yet, so don't get on my case to make you (reading this post) an admin.

I nominate Dhsu. He's on quite a bit every day and has displayed a lot of maturity and composure regarding rule abuse and fair play. :-) Dhsu is an accommodating man of the people!