FL Studio 8 Released

why are you drawing by hand instead of using the splines that have been around since forever? pretty sure that's what max is talking about. they might be pink depending on your settings. see the bottom row here:

Well, I normally use the splines, but sometimes I wanna record myself turning a filter knob or something while it's playing :)

why are you drawing by hand instead of using the splines that have been around since forever? pretty sure that's what max is talking about. they might be pink depending on your settings. see the bottom row here:

Plugin_gen_autoclipenv.gif

Image:Plugin_gen_autoclipenv.gif

ya that's it. Are those not in v8?

And you could always record to an automation clip.

Record to event editor then convert to an automation clip.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AutomationClip.JPG

Plugin_gen_autoclipenv.gif

ok im sure you are all confusing yourselfs.

1.)the (top) picture is what you get when you do a live recording...(twist a filter knob with the RECORD button ON; in its own pattern.) and not a feature of fl7 (unless you go through and find the information in the event editor, which is a pain.) this seems convenient.

2.)the splines (bottom row) are automation events that you DRAW in with the mouse. these do not appear when you do a LIVE recording.

(all facts are based out of my arss, as i have not used fl8 yet. someone please confirm this true. (or false.))