CT_factory ruins DnB or w/e style

HoboKa

http://shup.com/Shup/35137/CT_factory_ruins_remix.mp3

oh yeaaahhh, a very under-remixed song of an over-remixed game. Enjoyz.

I'm no expert on remixes (like I mentioned in my thread I'm still new to this scene) but I know what I like, and I definitely dug this remix. You have a good sense of development, and at :14 you really hit the ground running with a nice beat and every part that comes in after that compliments the main bass theme nicely. I enjoyed the break at 1:10 though it seemed like the theme wandered a bit aimlessly after a few seconds, but you brought it back with a sweet crescendo to end the clip. Definitely keep going with this one, I think you've really got something here.

Also, I like that you decided to give an oft-overlooked and underappreciated motif a go.

It's a bit dull, and has some bad samples. There's a tom fill that's just awful. The end is rather empty sounding, tho I suspect you're not done with the arrangement yet.

The drums should have more weight (drop their EQ a bit everywhere but 100-200Hz). It's kind'a messy. I recommend working on a chord progression and applying that to it all, especially the 0:48 section. Just looping the background doesn't sound good. The transition from that section to the next (the ending (atm)) ain't good enither. Too abrupt.

Nah man, I've heard better from you. I like the sounds used here, tho. Some tweaks (EQ separation, chord progression) could make this so much better. Good luck man.

it's not dull Rozo, just not your cup of tea - big difference. Regardless, the rest of your criticism has ground :P, thus I shall try to correct those errs. Right now though I'm more worried about arrangement than sample quality because this is only 1/4 done :P

ANYWAYS, I've got a newer ver. with some changes, though I haven't employed your tips yet Rozo; I intend to though.

link: http://shup.com/Shup/35147/CT_factory_ruins_ver2.mp3

it's not dull Rozo, just not your cup of tea - big difference.

With all due respect, he's right. It is dull. By :18 things are running over each other, and there's no layering of sounds, they kinda all play at the same level, not unlike a bunch of small children trying to get your attention. Its just about impossible to tell what you're trying to get across because its one big synthy wall of sound.

Until about 1:12 that is. Then it clears up into something that sounds (arrangementwise) just fine, it has depth, the bass supports without overwhelming. It still sounds mechanical but that part past then, has some good potential.

With all due respect, he's right. It is dull. By :18 things are running over each other, and there's no layering of sounds, they kinda all play at the same level, not unlike a bunch of small children trying to get your attention. Its just about impossible to tell what you're trying to get across because its one big synthy wall of sound.

Until about 1:12 that is. Then it clears up into something that sounds (arrangementwise) just fine, it has depth, the bass supports without overwhelming. It still sounds mechanical but that part past then, has some good potential.

aw fine :(. My parade has been rained upon. K i'll try to put some ridelin into my song and make it less ADD ish :P