OCR00946 - Silent Hill 2 "True (It's Gone Now Mix)"

djpretzel

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I remember listening to this back in the dorm with Sephfire when he would put his OCR library on random. Opening guitar sound was interesting, but like many other intros from Steve, it completely disappears with little to no warning making the transition feel awkward. Production wise, this mix sounds much better than everything we've heard from Steve so far. The guitars have more headroom in the high freqs (maybe even a little too much in the plucky guitar). The drums have more punch than Steve's past mixes, but could still use more. The kick is much stronger though, and that helps a lot! The solo guitar performance is sloppy here and there, but he always pulls it back into the fray if it gets too unwieldy. The outro was just a repeat of the intro, which really felt out of place and ended abruptly. A good idea in theory, but the execution was a little weak. However, Steve really stepped up his game for this mix and I feel it's definitely his best work to date!

• 3 years later...

Let's see here.....well I did actually kinda like the fuzzy/staticy intro that cut into the main riff, but man, I'm sorry but some of these instruments just don't sound right. It might be just me, but some sections are just a tad too raw for me in the production area. Still, the arrangement had a few good ideas. Just not my thing.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00946 - Silent Hill 2 "True (It's Gone Now Mix)"