Vid uploading suggestions...?

Schwaltzvald

Lately I've been considering making some vids for some close friends on game playing, but thanks to YT's fgt time limit I'm trying to find some more flexible alternatives...

Any good sites for vid uploading, aside from owning a personal website..?

Extra* I also learned that landing and refueling the jet on TopGun for the NES is possible by using the Power Glove... wtf...

Wouldn't mind good software suggestions for recording on the PC, as all I really know is using camtasia, but that's not always perfect for me... Just would like to make high quality (read: actually recognizable) vids without the weird color blurs...

You can apply to be a "director" and have videos longer than 10 minutes. You can also just split up your videos...most people would probably actually prefer watching it in chunks instead of all at once.

Signing up as a "director" now no longer allows uploaders to have vids longer than 10 minutes; only for those that applied as director before the change..

and yes while most would prefer small 5-10 minute flicks, I'm being asked to make "playthrough movies"; which I actually don't mind doing for shits and giggles. I'm not about to spam the site with vids like I kinda did in the short lived touhou thread, just would like to make/share some personally made vids with some old buddies.

Heck before uploading vids via the net became commonplace, I've been doing it "oldschool"; meaning using a VCR recording and mailing it off to one friend who would send it to another I ask to be sent on a list. Started waaaay back...

Not sure if Google Video has the 10-min time limit or not, but a few years back I uploaded something to youtube and the video/sound what out of sync... so I uploaded the same video to google video, and it worked fine. Nothing to do with time limits, but google has my recommendation ^_^

I did once try to record stuff from a game though - after trying a whole bunch of video recording programs that didn't work very well (or at all), I believe I used a program called "Game Cam" and it worked beautifully. I can't remember if it can record sound or not though, since I didn't need to record sound and video at the same time.

Not sure if Google Video has the 10-min time limit or not, but a few years back I uploaded something to youtube and the video/sound what out of sync... so I uploaded the same video to google video, and it worked fine. Nothing to do with time limits, but google has my recommendation ^_^

I did once try to record stuff from a game though - after trying a whole bunch of video recording programs that didn't work very well (or at all), I believe I used a program called "Game Cam" and it worked beautifully. I can't remember if it can record sound or not though, since I didn't need to record sound and video at the same time.

IIRC, Youtube doesn't like .mov and .avi files, so that's probably why it was off-sync.

yeah in that vid comparision the YT version had that "bootleg" vid cassette quality compared to the vimeo version, although on the vimeo side it just seems to be touched up... Perhaps the source clip was of poor/low quality to begin with..?

In either case I'll be trying out a few, namely Veoh and Vimeo for now by me making a test vid and uploading on both. Later once that's done, can I ask for opinions on which side is better..? The more input the better I'd say. :)!!

Also for now I'm borrowing a program a friend of mine gave me called game recorder by zd soft. Gonna try that as well as game cam to see how they work out as well.

Thanks for the help!

Okay so hey...

I just tried both zd soft game recorder and game cam... The first one for one reason or another wouldn't let me see what I'm playing as it records while the second one had some hidden controls which I could not get access for whatever reason...

In detail: After setting ZD soft to the preferred settings for both vid and audio, I started to record only to hear the background but not see the target source playing... Nothing but a black screen. When I tried recording while something was moving it would freeze the recording on that screen while the game plays...

As for game cam... Following the so called "explanation/tutorial" I still could not access the main controls of the actual program...

yeah... assistance if possible please..? ):

Tried googling for answers but none "actually" answered my questions...